After cruise Covid test to fly back to US

patmike

• 2 weeks later...

BEFORE YOU CRUISE | Abbott's BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with Navica and E-Med Test Full Demo

https://youtu.be/HyjniJGZmLQ

I will also face this issue when I return to the US after my May 2023 Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. Hopefully the US will no longer require a negative Covid test by then. Anyway, I did a lot of research on this and think the above info will be useful to you. There are a lot of presentations on YouTube other than this that will show how to properly take these tests. They need to be proctored means someone else has to be present to verify the test validity for the result to be accepted. Since we plan to leave Vancouver on the day of arrival, this is the only way to get the Covid test, unless the cruise line offers to do so on the ship. Meanwhile practice to do them at home with the free at home Covid tests as these tests are expensive (but better than running around finding a test site, especially in a foreign country). They cost $69.99 for 2 kits, $99.99 for 3 kits (through Optum website or $150 for 6 kits through emed ) delivered in 2-3 days. If buy over the counter, the box has to have RX in front to have proctor to witness the test. Good luck! 

There are other proctored testing websites that meet the requirement to enter the US by air. They give you the option of buying a test from them or just proctoring an FDA unopened rapid antigen test. You pay in advance and make an appointment. If you are interested, I can give you links. The IHealth tests qualify for those sites. The CDC allows any rapid antigen test approved by the FDA IF it is proctored and a certificate issued by email. Let me know if interested in links. Both are based in California and specialize in COVID testing.