Loacation of Don Fernando Liquior Store

JoeFL77

Hello,  I have been searching the threads,  does anyone know the exact or close location of Don Fernando's Liquior Store?

Any thing would help.  I have read it is small and on the main road.

Hours when he is there? 

Thanks!

Fernando's is on Huauchinango which is the first street off of the waterfront. It is between Sierra and Cherna Streets. The attached photo taken off of Google maps is 9 years old so it looks a little different. 

His wife used to work it most of the time but she had moved the last time I was there in January and Fernando was running it most of the time. If a helper waits on you ask to see Fernando because he lives upstairs and will usually come down to greet an old customer.

His prices are usually the lowest in town and he gets mostly local trade. If you are looking for a high quality, low cost, rum or tequila, he will help you find the best one for the dollar.

P.S. Don't ask anyone where Fernando's is because they will all tell you the place that pays them a commission to get customers and Fernando won't be there.

Fernandos.jpg

Edited by tallyho8
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I went to Costa Maya in May 2022 and saw Don Fernando.  I asked the person who waited on us at Krazy Lobster.

He was at a store, grocery like, just down street from Krazy Lobster away from the cruise port, south.  On Hauachinago (parallel to ocean) between Cherna and Martillo, on ocean side of street.  Store front has half door to order from, you do not go inside. 

He was very nice and helpful as always.  I bought 2 bottle.

I am short on time now and will update later

From someone else's post may be too old

Yes, Fernando is running his liquor store now instead of his wife. I was there a couple of weeks ago and bought a good sipping tequila that he recommended and at a very good price. Now I wish I had bought 2 or 3 bottles to bring home.

Fernando knows his tequila and will give you very good recommendations and will be cheaper than any other place around. Of course you can stop in and buy a cold beer for $1 also. His store is on Calle Huauchinango which is the main street driving into town. I don't remember the name of the cross street. It is just a tiny little store that can't hold over 6 people at a time but very busy because many of the locals buy from him knowing he has the lowest prices.

13 hours ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

Does he have Cuban rum?

Not back in the old 100% Agave days.  The store is very small.  Caters to locals.

If you're stopping in Cozumel, your best bets would be the 2 grocery stores-Mega or Chedraui- or the Covi liquor store.