Scarlet Lady 8 May (3rd Voyage) Semi Live AMA

Irene225

Hello! We are boarding Scarlet Lady today. There haven’t been many reviews of Virgin so I wanted to contribute! 

For background, odd circumstances have led to this being my third voyage on Scarlet Lady since February (I work in the industry). My first sailing was as a regular Rockstar, the second was plain ol’ steerage and today we are Mega Rockstars. There are 3 of us on this trip.  I’m writing this from the car service pickup that just scooped us up from the airport Hilton. 

Happy to answer any questions or share updates. Within reason of course… if you ask me to take a picture of the third page of the Menu on Tuesday standing next to the waiter you saw on Royal 6 years ago, I probably won’t do it. 

We are here for fun, sun and tequila. Feel free to follow along! 

• Like 2

Hello from Terminal V!

Our Mega Rockstar booking included pickup from the hotel. Prior to sailing, we used the app and chose 12pm as our pickup time. We were told thst someone would contact us on embarkation day. At 11am this morning , no one had called or contacted us, which made me a little nervous. We called Red Glove (mega rockstar customer service) and were assured someone would be there. Sure enough, there was a driver with a sign in the lobby a few minutes before 12. We were on our way! 

1 minute ago, Irene225 said:

Hello from Terminal V!

Our Mega Rockstar booking included pickup from the hotel. Prior to sailing, we used the app and chose 12pm as our pickup time. We were told thst someone would contact us on embarkation day. At 11am this morning , no one had called or contacted us, which made me a little nervous. We called Red Glove (mega rockstar customer service) and were assured someone would be there. Sure enough, there was a driver with a sign in the lobby a few minutes before 12. We were on our way! 

Enjoy, we board on 5/11. How did you handle covid testing?

Given you’re a mega rockstar, I’m guessing you haven’t prepaid a bar tab, but someone in a FB group said that today is the day the bar tab glitch (being able to use it as plain old onboard credit) is being fixed, effective today.

If you hear anything one way or the other from other passengers/crew, can you please report back?

On 5/8/2022 at 1:34 PM, godzukihop said:

Enjoy, we board on 5/11. How did you handle covid testing?

We brought our own, which is now an option. There were still lots of people doing testing at the terminal, but I wanted to do ours before flying to Miami. I travel internationally about once a month, so ao have a Cue testing device. Their proctored test is acceptable. Honestly they barely looked at it - just saw the negative and the date and moved us along. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

Given you’re a mega rockstar, I’m guessing you haven’t prepaid a bar tab, but someone in a FB group said that today is the day the bar tab glitch (being able to use it as plain old onboard credit) is being fixed, effective today.

If you hear anything one way or the other from other passengers/crew, can you please report back?

That is correct. 

6 hours ago, Cwinedds said:

Does the bar tab for Mega’s include non-alcoholic drinks like espresso and the health shakes or is limited to alcoholic drinks?

Anything up to $25 a glass- coffee, juice, whatever. That and 2 bottles up to $90 each per day. 

2 hours ago, poidog81 said:

What is the current book a future sailing promotion that they’re offering on board?

I believe it was $300 off and $300 OBC but I’ll check again when we walk by. It’s now changed from previous sailings, it has to be booked onboard now. Previously you were given a code that could be used within a few days of returning home. 

2 minutes ago, Irene225 said:

I believe it was $300 off and $300 OBC but I’ll check again when we walk by. It’s now changed from previous sailings, it has to be booked onboard now. Previously you were given a code that could be used within a few days of returning home. 

Thanks! I wonder if they can apply it to a future sailing we have in October.  We step on board in 2 weeks.

Hi from Richard’s Roodtop! Day one was great… maybe too great because I have not been able to shake a pounding hangover headache. If anyone has any miracle cures I am all ears. 

Embarkation was the smoothest I’ve had in 3 sailings. We showed up around 12:45 due to  race traffic. We were shown to the Rockster area at the terminal and were onboard just before 2. My first two sailings had very disorganized embarkations so it was nice to see that part get easier. They are figuring it out. 

One thing they are not figuring out: this flipping app is so horrible. I’m a fairly patient person but needing to delete and reinstall the app 3 times to get it to work is a little much!  Problems aside, we got to our Gorgeous suite and met our Roadie (Halid from Serbia).  He helped us move some shows and dinners around so nothing conflicted and also swapped some alcohols in our in room bar. We’ve only called him for help once - we broke one of the water carafes in the room (oops) and he sent something me to get the broken glass. Tile floors + glass water carafe = me playing “the floor is lava” for the rest of the night. Lol. 

We got a little sprinkle of liquid sunshine during our sailaway, enough to send everyone running indoors. Dinner was Pink Agave. Mid dinner, there was a quiet crew announcement that they could remove their face masks. It was like Christmas morning- everyone was so excited. Our dinner waiter was from the Ukraine so we chatted with him about his family and their safety. He said that it’s hard to be away, but he actually feels fortunate that he has a job where he can support them. That one got me- it’s easy to forget that our crew is sometimes coming from a totally different life. 

I was recognized by one of the bartenders from our previous sailing- he called me a Born Again Virgin 😝😝

We played some trivia with RJ and went to the pajama party, moved indoors because of the rain. A little bit of the craps table and it was time for bed!

In middle of the night, I reached for my water glass and took a healthy swig of the Zacapa Old Fashioned I took to the room with me. Surprise 3am happy hour!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, poidog81 said:

Thanks! I wonder if they can apply it to a future sailing we have in October.  We step on board in 2 weeks.

I believe it has to be new bookings. If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will tell me. 

Friends and friends I haven’t met yet: I can’t decide what to drink. I’m at the point where I make today an Off day or get back on the horse and keep going. What is your go to pick me up drink? They don’t have 43 back here or I’d get a carajillo. 

What number is your suite? We have a Gorgeous suite in 2.5 weeks, last week it was changed to 15 299A (previously we had 15 283Z). About an hour after I received an email showing the change a Rockstar agent called to tell me it was changed due to 'inventory' and it was port side which gives  a great view as leaving Miami. It's also a bit further from the pool which seems like a good thing!

Thank you for bringing us along on your trip!

1 hour ago, britincanada said:

What number is your suite? We have a Gorgeous suite in 2.5 weeks, last week it was changed to 15 299A (previously we had 15 283Z). About an hour after I received an email showing the change a Rockstar agent called to tell me it was changed due to 'inventory' and it was port side which gives  a great view as leaving Miami. It's also a bit further from the pool which seems like a good thing!

We are A side, I’ll share the number when we’re off the ship. I hope it works out for you! Leaving Miami is always great, no matter the view.  

7 hours ago, Irene225 said:

Oh and before I forget. The placement of some of the mega rockstar rooms is really loud — the pool DJ is going full force and our cabin walls are vibrating. 

yes the gorgeous suites just off the pool are the worst for that! 

5 hours ago, britincanada said:

We were in this exact room and loved it! Very quiet 🙂

Hiya  Irene,

If you head to Extra Virgin could you ask if they have gluten free pasta available? I'm not expecting fresh made pasta but I'm not too sure if GF pasta is available anywhere on the ship.

Thanks