Utilizing a room that was booked for a family member that can't go.

I booked several rooms for an upcoming cruise 2 balconies, 2 star class, one inside cabin and one junior suite.  I booked (paid for) the junior suite for a family member that most likely will not be attending.  I have another adult attached to my Star Class suite that I would I like to utilize the room.  I could just put him on the room but then he would lose out on the star class perks (it only cost $500 to add him to my room).  Since the junior suite is paid for and non-refundable I want to put him in that room.  The TA said just to let them know when we check in (in about a week) and they may or may not let it be utilized.  Anyone have any suggestions or run into in the past?  I thought of calling RC and talking to them but my TA thought that might be pointless since those on the phone really don't have a say once you arrive at the port for boarding?

Thanks

'

1 minute ago, jacads said:

I booked (paid for) the junior suite for a family member that most likely will not be attending.

Assuming you booked this under CWC and you will sail again soon, cancel that booking and transfer the resulting FCC to your name.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Assuming you booked this under CWC and you will sail again soon, cancel that booking and transfer the resulting FCC to your name.

according to my TA there is no refund or cruise credit available.  Honestly I don't care about the cost I would rather be able to utilize the room for my guest and so would he.

3 minutes ago, jacads said:

according to my TA there is no refund or cruise credit available.  Honestly I don't care about the cost I would rather be able to utilize the room for my guest and so would he.

Pre COVID some have reported being able to list the same person in multiple rooms - see if you can add that person to the existing JS booking while also keeping it on the Star class suite. Have them check in on the JS but then fix it on board so they get their Star class Seapass card as well - this all assumes RCI IT system will let you.

The booking would be covered by CWC if you booked before 3/31/2022.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pre COVID some have reported being able to list the same person in multiple rooms - see if you can add that person to the existing JS booking while also keeping it on the Star class suite. Have them check in on the JS but then fix it on board so they get their Star class Seapass card as well - this all assumes RCI IT system will let you.

The booking would be covered by CWC if you booked before 3/31/2022.

definitely before 3/22.  Would you bother calling or do this at the cruise terminal.    What I want is the star class card with access to the JS on it.  He has no need to access our suite.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, jacads said:

definitely before 3/22. 

Then you have to have a chat with your TA, since that is definitely covered by CWC (assuming the sailing is in the next 4 months), if you want to pursue the FCC route. Like I said, one way to do it is to have that person listed on the JS, while not canceling them from the Star class suite - not sure the RCI IT system allows for that - your perhaps less than knowledgeable TA will have to do this for you.

Getting that person a card for the JS would not be a problem if the cabin is occupied -- but once the original booked person is a no show, they may/will cut off any access to that cabin by anyone (they may even move someone else into it).

9 minutes ago, jacads said:

may have to have them assigned and then try adding to star class since I already paid for it.  Not sure why you cantt just have extra cabins on board.

Leave the passenger in the Star Class reservation. Move a passenger from one of the balcony cabins to the JS. You may need to keep one of the people originally in the JS on the reservation as a no-show. Once onboard, go to GS and get a balcony key for the person you moved into the JS and a JS key for the person you're leaving in Star Class.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

Leave the passenger in the Star Class reservation. Move a passenger from one of the balcony cabins to the JS. You may need to keep one of the people originally in the JS on the reservation as a no-show. Once onboard, go to GS and get a balcony key for the person you moved into the JS and a JS key for the person you're leaving in Star Class.

I would do that but there isn't an extra person available.