Allure Adventure Ocean Question

Hi!

Taking the 6yo on his first cruise at the end of the month. How long can he hang out in Adventure Ocean? We were on the Symphony in Nov 21 and the parents onboard were not happy b/c the kids could only be there for a short amount of time.

Thanks!

I haven't been on Allure but I've been on others and was most recently on Anthem in March.  The hours vary day by day depending on the port but on average they opened at 9am.  Closed for 2 hours at lunch, closed for an hour at dinner and then was open until 10pm for free.  Then was open 10pm-Midnight for a fee.  It's possible these parents had toddlers, those hours are different and only for short amounts of time.  As my kids are 9 and 14 I unfortunately don't know the toddler hours.

The only change that I've noticed was our last cruise before covid Adventure Ocean was open until 11pm for free and then until 2am for a fee.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fsuwx said:

Hi!

Taking the 6yo on his first cruise at the end of the month. How long can he hang out in Adventure Ocean? We were on the Symphony in Nov 21 and the parents onboard were not happy b/c the kids could only be there for a short amount of time.

Thanks!

My daughter lived at the kids club when she was younger (13 now).  We couldn't drag her away she loved every minute of it.  Lot's of times the staff will take the kids too lunch and they all will sit together in the WJ.  They do offer later hours if they want to stay and it is relatively cheap.  Covid might of changed things but they seemed to offer most of the day that your kid could be there.

Under normal circumstances, Ocean Adventure has excellent hours for children age 3+.  However, please be prepared for the possibility that covid restrictions may affect this.  Prior to covid, it was rare for kids clubs to restrict hours, but they did have capacity limits and on some holiday cruises on some lines (I don't know about RC) children were turned away and parents lined up before opening hours to ensure a slot.  The number of children sailing is likely to increase during the summer, so if your cruise is then you might want to ask here and on the family board close to your sailing to see how RC is handling it, and bring toys or electronics as a backup plan if AO is limited (and again, I have no information that might happen.  I just know on some cruise lines there has been precedent for limiting admission during peak sailings for children in the past).  I really hope that if OA needs to be limited that they do activities on the ship for kids - like turning a disco venue into a kids dance club and blowing up balloons and flashing the strobe light, or having the kids "make" cookies by mixing ingredients together (sandals did this, took the dough away and promised the kids they'd bake it and the kids could find their cookies in the cafeteria) or cookie decorating stations  because otherwise there will be lots of unhappy parents, and other unhappy cruisers when a bunch of poorly supervised kids are running all over the ship.

Edited by kitkat343

On 5/10/2022 at 5:57 AM, fsuwx said:

Hi!

Thanks!

I just got off of the Oasis. My DS and DIL had to make reservations for their 2 boys aged 4 & 9 due to capacity limits and they were closed on sea days for an hour or 2 for lunch and dinner. Generally if they didn't have actual reservations they could still drop off the kids to have some adult time.