Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale

TNT

We are thinking ES is our best bet, but you may have other ideas. We're open!

I found a price of $159 on the Embassy Suite website for 6-23-06. I have read that many have bid & won a much lower price on Priceline. We are going on a Mother/Dauther cruise and are planning to spend one night pre-cruise. We are a group of teachers and are probably thinking this to death! We are trying to decide if it will be better to book directly since it will be a "sure thing" that we will get ES with shuttle, free breakfast, port shuttle,etc. We didn't know if the Priceline bid included port shuttle. If any of you know, please give me any information you might have. We will arrive early in the day and want to be able to do things that afternoon/night. My mother lived in the FL/Hollywood area so I am familiar with the area so, I will probably be able to understand what you're talking about in your post.

If you want the Embassy Suites then I would book it.

We just returned from a cruise two weeks ago and when I booked our pre-cruise stay I couldn't find anything. Everything was booked up.

We ended up staying at extended Stay America, which is just up the street from E.S. I was not happy with the place at all.

We have stayed at E.S. and we just loved it.

Have piece of mind and book it now. You wont regret it.

Jay:D

I just read reviews onTrip Advisor and the majority of the reviewers made the Embassy Suites in FLLa sound like a dump. Talked about peeling paint, smelly bathrooms, rude service, slow shuttles, bad food, etc., etc. Is it really THAT bad?

I personally stayed at the ES several weeks ago - and it was just that - a dump. I am a Diamond Hilton member - was supposed to be in an upgraded room - and although the room had been redone - the rest of the hotel was filthy and smelled. I would never eat there - dining area is gross - and never get anything from room service - I can't imagine anything good could come from there if you consider the smell in the kitchen area.

We enjoyed the Embassy Suites on 2/11, were on the 10th floor did not notice smells, loved the pier view from our window, walking to mexican restaurant next door, getting supplies from Publix, free margaritas in the lobby at 5:30 pm, and omelets at breakfast, free internet in the lobby, bell service reasonably efficient.

We found out the first shuttle would be at 11:30 so we did a cab at 10 am, avoided the embarkation lines. It was pricey but was a very nice room for three women travellers.

Did the smell come from outside?

Two weeks ago we were walking 17th and in that area there was an odd smell. Don't know if it has something to do with the port or rotting stuff left over from the hurricane.

Haven't stayed at E.S. for two years. Sorry to hear that but glad to hear they are renovating.

I would still stay there.

Jay:D

My Daughter and I stayed at the ES in December pre-cruise. It was 200. What I loved was the location the Publix Market/restaurants/pharmacy and some neat shops directly behind it.

Tara's Steak and Seafood house is one block down (towards the Pier) is slightly pricey but a great pre-cruise treat.

We had an older room but I would ask for an upper level room (which will have been renovated by that time).

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast with a fresh made omelet and waffles.

We did use the shuttle service and it was prompt.

Only difficulty was calling for some bag assistance and it was a while, so I called back and someone was sent right up.

It is in an excellent part of town, so it is safe.....good for women traveling.

LHC

Archived