MSC limit family bookings of yacht club suites?

elliotmz

Hello!

We just booked a family cruise sailing on the new MSC Seascape in January 2023. We wanted to book a royal or owners suite in yacht club for our family of 5 but they only had a grand suite available. Interesting though, if I dropped the kids off the reservation they had plenty of royal and owner suites available? I called MSC and they just said the same thing the website did. Any idea why that is?

13 minutes ago, elliotmz said:

Hello!

We just booked a family cruise sailing on the new MSC Seascape in January 2023. We wanted to book a royal or owners suite in yacht club for our family of 5 but they only had a grand suite available. Interesting though, if I dropped the kids off the reservation they had plenty of royal and owner suites available? I called MSC and they just said the same thing the website did. Any idea why that is?

It is a bit odd for Owner's Suite.  Listed capacity is five people.  Royal Suite capacity is listed at four, so that would not show up.  They may have decided that Owner's Suite should only be four and not five, which is why it wouldn't show.  BTW, our comment on "plenty of OSs and RSs available is odd.  After all, there are only two of each on the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

It is a bit odd for Owner's Suite.  Listed capacity is five people.  Royal Suite capacity is listed at four, so that would not show up.  They may have decided that Owner's Suite should only be four and not five, which is why it wouldn't show.  BTW, our comment on "plenty of OSs and RSs available is odd.  After all, there are only two of each on the ship.

I agree it was perplexing that they were available for a reservation of two but not for 5 and have listed capacity as being for 5 on the MSC Seascape. It was just odd to me so I was not sure what to do with it other then just let it go. 

The five capacity is only for Owner's Suite as far as I know, and is a new room type on Seashore and Seascape.  As I said earlier, RS can go up to four for capacity.

32 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The five capacity is only for Owner's Suite as far as I know, and is a new room type on Seashore and Seascape.  As I said earlier, RS can go up to four for capacity.

Seaside/Seaview RS has always been listed as sleeps 4. Some of the early info for Seashore had the RS as sleeps 5. The stellar MSC website which is known for pinpoint accuracy also listed it as sleeps 5. I remember thinking that I could add my mom if I wanted. Other websites and travel agencies copied the info. Some still have 5 for the RS even though the stateroom is practically identical to Seaside/Seaview. AFAIK, it is sleeps 4 in the RS for all 4 ship's.

58 minutes ago, elliotmz said:

They may have decided that Owner's Suite should only be four and not five, which is why it wouldn't show. 

...even though that stellar MSC site still has 5. 😉

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Seaside/Seaview RS has always been listed as sleeps 4. Some of the early info for Seashore had the RS as sleeps 5. The stellar MSC website which is known for pinpoint accuracy also listed it as sleeps 5. I remember thinking that I could add my mom if I wanted. Other websites and travel agencies copied the info. Some still have 5 for the RS even though the stateroom is practically identical to Seaside/Seaview. AFAIK, it is sleeps 4 in the RS for all 4 ship's.

...even though that stellar MSC site still has 5. 😉

Wow!  Stellar and MSC site in the same sentence!  Not once but twice!  Well played, indeed! 😄