Final payment is not accepted

gerelmx

I received the following message:

The Total payment amount exceeds the balance due amount. Please change the payment amount.

The difference is from a canceled excursion whose refund is pending. I called and they asked me for a signed letter authorizing the charge to my credit card, as well as a copy of the card and an official identification. Celebrity's office in MX does not accept payments by phone. I sent the information by email to the indicated email and so far the charge has not been made to my card. I hope they can remove this system restriction and make the payment. I am concerned that the refund will take longer than the payment due date and my cruise will be cancelled. This should not happen.

just receive this email from Celebrity

Good day,

Dear Mr. G------

I hope you are fine,

Thank you for sending your documents, it is a pleasure to inform you that the payment of your reservation was successful. The charge was made for $XYZ,  this because the amount that corresponded to the excursion when it was in the air and the reservation with pending payment, the system takes it as part of the payment, so no refund will be generated.

In approximately 48 business hours, the payment will be reflected in your reservation. To request confirmation of payment, you must contact our service department.

For your benefit, we recommend you download our application completely free, where you can find information about any complement you want to add to your reservation such as beverage packages, restaurants, etc. And you will find important information about the emergency drill that takes place on board, when the time comes you can check in online and also fill out your health form.

Thank you very much for your preference, we remain at your service for any questions or future inquiries.
Best regards.

Royal Caribbean Group

I just checked my account, there is a amount due $XTZ which correspond to the amount of the cancelled excursion, I can't pay it, i receive the same message

The Total payment amount exceeds the balance due amount. Please change the payment amount.

25 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I just checked my account, there is a amount due $XTZ which correspond to the amount of the cancelled excursion, I can't pay it, i receive the same message

What if you reduce your payment amount to match the balance the system claims?

They said it would take 48 hours before you would see the payment.  Perhaps patience will result in the payment showing? You could also call (I know- so often a tedious thing) and the agent can probably see the payment.