Move up bid unsuccessful

doskram

26 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

That Apex was sailing with few passengers in January and full crew certainly helped.

Today with lower crew numbers and higher passenger counts upgrades will be difficult to get. 

I think most upgrades should be fairly easy to get with a low bid up to AQ only. The Retreat appears to be full on most cruises.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:50 PM, catspaw1 said:

Thanks for that information.  With all this information about moveups, I would just go back to using the 1.50 hot dog store as my TA again. I didnt do it because they supposedly don't participate in the move up program, but having celebrity as our TA has been awful. Every time I call its at least one hour on the phone with them.

Just to set expectations....we are using that `1.50 hot dog store and while we did receive a lot of credit to use at that store....dealing with them has been terrible. Every time their hold time is 1.5 -2.5 hours.  Sometimes, you can't even hold because they don't have any hold lines left....so the recording just tells you to call back again later.  And....if you are holding and it happens to pass the 3 hour mark (yes, that was me but I was multi-tasking), they automatically drop you.  In the end, I would probably use them again for the credit we receive...but the hold times for the box store  were MUCH longer that direct w/ Celebrity as I also dealt direct w/ Celebrity regarding certain aspects of my reservation.  

I even sent a complaint letter to said Box store and received a response from a real person who told me they just can't hire enough travel reps quick enough and get them trained...but they are working on it.