Air Transat. Any recent experience?

jmwg49

We are travelling to Barcelona on Air Transat on May 25.    Has anyone had any issue with long check in times; security etc?    Trying to plan appropriately and organize limo to Pearson.   

we are getting excited yet a bit nervous with all protocols etc.   

We flew Air transat to Barcelona last month.  We did have to connect in Montreal.  We had no problems at the airport in Toronto but because of the connection we were at the airport earlier than a direct flight. (I believe it was around 3pm). We managed to get a very good price on club class going out so had a very comfy outgoing flight.  On return we had a 2 together seat with lots of leg room and that was fine for a daytime flight.  Because we passed through immigration in Montreal we had no issues with long lines but our flight was delayed half an hour because of holdups in Toronto 

enjoy Barcelona. We have been often. This was our second trip to Spain in 5 months. 

4 minutes ago, boone2 said:

We flew Air transat to Barcelona last month.  We did have to connect in Montreal.  We had no problems at the airport in Toronto but because of the connection we were at the airport earlier than a direct flight. (I believe it was around 3pm). We managed to get a very good price on club class going out so had a very comfy outgoing flight.  On return we had a 2 together seat with lots of leg room and that was fine for a daytime flight.  Because we passed through immigration in Montreal we had no issues with long lines but our flight was delayed half an hour because of holdups in Toronto 

enjoy Barcelona. We have been often. This was our second trip to Spain in 5 months. 

Thanks so much for that!   You just made me breathe a sigh of relief.  I hope we have the same experience!    We love Barcelona too!!

16 minutes ago, boone2 said:

11 minutes ago, jmwg49 said:

Thanks so much for that!   You just made me breathe a sigh of relief.  I hope we have the same experience!    We love Barcelona too!!

One more question.    We are all fully vaxed and boosters.   Did you have to fill out the form from the Spanish government beforehand or what did you do in preparation.   I know we have to do a test three days before cruise which we will do upon arrival in Barcelona 

1 hour ago, jmwg49 said:

One more question.    We are all fully vaxed and boosters.   Did you have to fill out the form from the Spanish government beforehand or what did you do in preparation.   I know we have to do a test three days before cruise which we will do upon arrival in Barcelona 

Just fill in the Spanish health form and you get a QR code that you show at the airport. We printed off copies as it’s sometimes easier than fiddling with the phone 

we had to show them in Pearson too

Edited by boone2
Addition

As you probably already know they've been having issues with security lines at Pearson lately. That being said, everyone's experience is going to depend on when they were there. If you are able to, I would get that earlier than normal so you have more time to deal with delays.

For me, my vacation starts as soon as we leave home for the airport. If you've got extra time after getting through security, just enjoy the time off.

• Like 1