Venice tours from Trieste

daleandrews

We are first-time Oceania cruisers and are booked on the 18 day Marina Med cruise departing Athens on November 1.  The itinerary originally included two days in Venice but, as is the case nowadays, some time back the itinerary was amended substituting one day in Trieste for the Venice stop.  We have never been to Venice and would like to salvage a tour there even though it has to be fitted into that one Trieste day. 

Early on Oceania showed available but un-priced excursions to Venice. However when prices were added all for the Trieste excursions all of the Venice options disappeared and available excursions now just show a few in and around Trieste itself. 

Since the ship is leaving Trieste at 6:00 p.m. we are not inclined to book an independent tour since we don't want to risk missing the ship's departure.  I therefore have been checking the available Oceania excursions daily figuring that eventually Oceania will add back the Venice tours, this time with prices.  I know others have toured Venice when docked in Trieste.  My question:  Is it Oceania's practice to add Venice tours availability at a later date and if so, how soon before the cruise is this likely to occur.  (Getting just a little tired of checking every morning!) Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, daleandrews said:

We are first-time Oceania cruisers and are booked on the 18 day Marina Med cruise departing Athens on November 1.  The itinerary originally included two days in Venice but, as is the case nowadays, some time back the itinerary was amended substituting one day in Trieste for the Venice stop.  We have never been to Venice and would like to salvage a tour there even though it has to be fitted into that one Trieste day. 

Early on Oceania showed available but un-priced excursions to Venice. However when prices were added all for the Trieste excursions all of the Venice options disappeared and available excursions now just show a few in and around Trieste itself. 

Since the ship is leaving Trieste at 6:00 p.m. we are not inclined to book an independent tour since we don't want to risk missing the ship's departure.  I therefore have been checking the available Oceania excursions daily figuring that eventually Oceania will add back the Venice tours, this time with prices.  I know others have toured Venice when docked in Trieste.  My question:  Is it Oceania's practice to add Venice tours availability at a later date and if so, how soon before the cruise is this likely to occur.  (Getting just a little tired of checking every morning!) Thanks in advance!

We’re on the “extended journey” (FCO-MIA) that includes your cruise. Our O web account shows Split and Trieste grayed out (since Venice was dumped). At least folks on the single segment see something offered.

I called a trusted long-serving O phone rep and he confirmed that Split/Trieste tours for OUR extended journey are not showing in his booking system. And he has sent a note to the Destination Services folks (to no avail so far).

Oddly (and perhaps unbelievably), a second call to a random O phone rep got an answer that “Split and Trieste may be dumped as well.”

I doubt it.

in any case, all we can do is keep contacting O to straighten out the Split/Trieste excursion mess.

37 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We’re on the “extended journey” (FCO-MIA) that includes your cruise. Our O web account shows Split and Trieste grayed out (since Venice was dumped). At least folks on the single segment see something offered.

I called a trusted long-serving O phone rep and he confirmed that Split/Trieste tours for OUR extended journey are not showing in his booking system. And he has sent a note to the Destination Services folks (to no avail so far).

Oddly (and perhaps unbelievably), a second call to a random O phone rep got an answer that “Split and Trieste may be dumped as well.”

I doubt it.

in any case, all we can do is keep contacting O to straighten out the Split/Trieste excursion mess.

FF,

On our extended journey, the Split and Trieste ports are available for excursions as of this a.m.  And on our second extended journey from Rome to Miami, the port of Arrecife, Canary Islands, was still  blocked in my online booking, but an O Rep was able to see it and book for me.

Hi, Flatbush Flyer.  FYI, I saw your posts on this on the roll call thread.  Just wondering if anyone else had had relevant excursion experience on past Trieste calls.  And BTW, on our cruise -- the 18 day segment Athens to Barcelona -- Trieste is NOT grayed out and several excursions for Trieste itself are priced and book-able.  One way or the other -- see you on board!