Iggy

18 hours ago, travel4b said:

I understand Iggy has a lot of fans.  We had Luqui on Quest/Antarctica in December 2019 and thought he was great.  I’d be thrilled if either were on Venture when we are aboard next year.

I agree Luqi is great!  I just hope he is still with Seabourn.

23 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

Most of the non-management expedition staff members are free-lancers and take contracts with various expedition companies and ships.

Iggys departure is potentially significant.  As of 2019, Iggy was charged with scouting out landings and routes in Svalbard and other new areas for Ventures maiden trips.  He is still listed as an Expedition leader on the Seabourn website.

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/experience/ventures-by-seabourn/ventures-team-northern-europe.html

His sudden departure for Silversea leaves many of us wondering why, and what will the ramifications be for traveling on Venture this summer.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

At least the current passengers on the Venture are extremely happy with the exploration staff.   Guess we didn’t need Iggy.

We were extremely happy with the Venture Expeditions crew. All my concerns were for naught. Juan, Claudio and team were amazing. Pursuit is on its way and it will be nice to have Iggy back if rumors are true.