Noordam

Petronillus

We have a hold on an Alaska cruisetour in August on the Noordam. Even at this late date we were able to get two verandah cabins on the 5th deck, side-by-side facing aft. (DW & I would be in one, our son in the other.) 

Two questions: The aft cabins are not terraced; it looks like the decks are stacked one upon another. Are the verandahs roomier than those on the port and starboard sides? Are the outer walls of the verandahs clear or opaque (metal)?

Thanks!

=Bob=

2 hours ago, Petronillus said:

We have a hold on an Alaska cruisetour in August on the Noordam. Even at this late date we were able to get two verandah cabins on the 5th deck, side-by-side facing aft. (DW & I would be in one, our son in the other.) 

Two questions: The aft cabins are not terraced; it looks like the decks are stacked one upon another. Are the verandahs roomier than those on the port and starboard sides? Are the outer walls of the verandahs clear or opaque (metal)?

Thanks!

=Bob=

Good choice on Deck r aft stateroom.  They are my favorite.

With the exception of the end/corner staterooms, walls on the balcony side of the Deck 5 staterooms are 2/3 clear glass from floor to ceiling.

If you ask your Room Steward, there is a 20-inch doorway separating the balconies that may be opened to connect your balcony with your son's.

The Noordam aft balconies are indeed terraced as indicated in the photo below.

ms Noordam Itinerary, Current Position, Ship Review | CruiseMapper

Edited by Crew News