Amsterdam - Dinning Room Seating?

Paul123

I have just booked for the January World Cruise on ms Amsterdam and would like to know from those that have sailed with her the following:-

(1) Is the upstairs seating better or worse than downstairs....are there pros and cons for each?

(2) Ideally we would like a table of 8 or 10 so we can meet other cruisers. Can any one suggest the number of a good table offering this seating that I could try and book? Are there these size tables overlooking the sea at windows for example?

(3) Finally, I suppose with plenty of shore days and trips it is better to book late rather thn early?

I hope I do get some guidance on this...thanks.

Paul

I have just booked for the January World Cruise on ms Amsterdam and would like to know from those that have sailed with her the following:-

Now I'm the one coughing up hairballs. :)

Lucky you! Congratulations!

I really wish I could help you with your question, but I have no comparison since I've only sailed on the Amsterdam once, and dined on the lower level. But, I will say that the lower level is beautiful, and it is also the later of the two seating times for each type of dining (early and late). I think late dining was upper level 8:15 and lower level 8:30.

Just be careful, though ... on the Amsterdam. Make sure they don't seat you under the air conditioning vents. It took us a couple of days to realize why we were so cold ... especially on nights when no one had a jacket on ... and then we noticed the thin crack in the ceiling ... directly above our table. Obviously it was an air conditioning vent. It would sometimes get so cold there that one or more of us would have to return to our cabins for a sweater, if we had failed to bring one initially.

Sure, we could have requested to be moved, but we kind of liked that area of the dining room ... and all of the other tables in the general vicinity were already taken. So we adapted, and brought a sweater or wrap with us to dinner.

The dining room is beautiful, though ... as is the entire ship. You're gonna love sailing something as exotic as the World Cruise on her.

Blue skies and smooth sailing ...

--rita

Now I'm the one coughing up hairballs. :)

Lucky you! Congratulations!

--rita

Thank you for the bit of information. I will watch out for the crack in the ceiling...lol

Paul

There aren't any tables for 8 or 10 by the windows on either level.

We prefer the upper level as it is less crowded, fewer tables and since HAL started the 4 dining times - better service.

Thats good advice indeed...thanks

Paul

Archived