Travel Heathrow to central London (Victoria station)

Hoping for advice. We will be staying in the Victoria coach/tube station area pre-cruise.  I've read a lot of forums about the variety of transportation options from Heathrow to that area but am still not certain how best to determine the transportation, which will be on a weekday in the early afternoon. We read mixed reviews about the Simply airports service, with some raves and some concerns re: waiting more than an hour for a pickup.  We would be fine using the public transport system, but are unclear about how to make a decision.  We can handle our 40+ lb suitcases but would prefer to use escalators/lifts rather than hauling them up stairs. Options I've read about:  Heathrow express to Picadilly and then a tube ride to Victoria station?  Tube system to Victoria?  Tfl trains?  A public transport bus?  The biggest concern is figuring out the system while jet lagged, and would like to be able to have a plan prior to arriving. Thank you for the experts in this forum!

4 hours ago, loveapug said:

We will be staying in the Victoria coach/tube station area pre-cruise.

One important question is which.

If you're staying near the coach station, then one obvious candidate is National Express from Heathrow to Victoria coach station.

If you're staying near the Tube station, then the obvious route would be Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Barons Court, then an easy cross-platform change to the District Line to Victoria. There is lift access to street level at both Heathow and Victoria, although I'm not 100% sure where the lift(s) would tip you out at Victoria - I think that there is a lift up to Cardinal Place, but I don't know whether that's the only exit that has a lift to street level.

The Heathrow Express doesn't go to Piccadilly, BTW - it runs to Paddington. It's pretty useless for where you want to go (and actually pretty useless for much of central London).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phabric said:

I have used www.justairports.com from LHR to my London airport and London hotel to LHR a few times, on time, clean cars.

I will check on their service.  Thank you 

On 5/23/2022 at 4:56 AM, loveapug said:

We read mixed reviews about the Simply airports service, with some raves and some concerns re: waiting more than an hour for a pickup.

20 hours ago, phabric said:

I have used www.justairports.com from LHR to my London airport and London hotel to LHR a few times, on time, clean cars.

These services are generally much of a muchness. They all have their good days and their bad days. Once when Simply Airports couldn't take my booking, they happily gave me contact details for Just Airports, who could. This is why I don't push any particular one here.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:40 AM, Globaliser said:

There is lift access to street level at both Heathow and Victoria, although I'm not 100% sure where the lift(s) would tip you out at Victoria - I think that there is a lift up to Cardinal Place, but I don't know whether that's the only exit that has a lift to street level.

I happened to go through Victoria today, so I had a quick check. There is a lift to the main entrance of the mainline station. The lift route from the District Line platforms takes you through the Victoria Line ticket barriers, although you won't need to know that if you're travelling to Victoria.

• Like 1