Cunard - can you take spirts on board?

OzzyOzborne

6 hours ago, Pushpit said:

Golden Lion and G32 / Yacht Club normally go past midnight and I've seen people well oiled.

Last TA, there was a group of 4-5 in the Golden Lion and all quite hammered. One guy was jumping around, in front of the musical duo, like an ape while I was enjoying some very nice Irish folk music (and having a drink myself!) Luckily the others in the party realized their chimpanzee friend had enough and carted him away. I was within two minutes of escalating the chimp to security before he was rescued. Not a young guy either. My apologies for insulting apes and chimps in my analogy. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I think I lead an incredibly sheltered life. Despite quite a number of voyages, I have never seen a fellow Cunard passenger on board whom seemed to me to be drunk. I do usually go to bed quite early though. 

I have also never noticed drunks on board, this is  another reason I travel Cunard and  how wonderful fellow passengers I meet are with most people, polite and considerate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

I have also never noticed drunks on board, this is  another reason I travel Cunard and  how wonderful fellow passengers I meet are with most people, polite and considerate. 

One QM2 voyage many years back now saw two rather lubricated husbands argue about a child being in the chart room late at night (said child belonged to one of them). Apparently one punched the other and after a return hit both families were sentenced to their staterooms before being offloaded at the next Caribbean port. Not the best way to end one’s Christmas/New Year cruise! Can imagine their wives were livid. 

1 minute ago, Austcruiser84 said:

One QM2 voyage many years back now saw two rather lubricated husbands argue about a child being in the chart room late at night (said child belonged to one of them). Apparently one punched the other and after a return hit both families were sentenced to their staterooms before being offloaded at the next Caribbean port. Not the best way to end one’s Christmas/New Year cruise! Can imagine their wives were livid. 

Not really a brilliant example to the child either.

But it seems against all natural justice that the (presumably innocent) wives should be off loaded too. 

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Not really a brilliant example to the child either.

But it seems against all natural justice that the (presumably innocent) wives should be off loaded too. 

I thought that too at the time but imagine that they chose to go with their husbands. Not so sure I’d be inclined to do so if my partner behaved so. I’d be mortified. Think I’d stay and and then ask my partner to ensure they were gone when I got home!