Denali, Upgrade to Tundra Wilderness Tour

LindaD22

We are doing the Royal Caribbean cruisetour that includes the Denali Natural History tour. We would like instead to do the TWT. Would you recommend pre booking that now, or waiting to do that in Denali through our tour guide? I’m not sure if this is something that sells out. Right now, the Denali reservation website lists availability on the TWT that begins at 1:00 pm. Thank you.  

Consider just going on one of the park's green transit buses.  Cost is $30 plus park entrance (If you have a National Park Pass, bring it and avoid the extra charge).  They are advertised as being non-narrated, but when we did this last year, we got a seat up front and the driver was very informative.  These transit buses cover the same ground as the TWT but for a fraction of the cost.  Be aware that because of land slides, you won't be going past mile marker 43.  Reserve ahead of time here:  https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/shuttles.htm

2 hours ago, SueMo said:

Consider just going on one of the park's green transit buses.  Cost is $30 plus park entrance (If you have a National Park Pass, bring it and avoid the extra charge).  They are advertised as being non-narrated, but when we did this last year, we got a seat up front and the driver was very informative.  These transit buses cover the same ground as the TWT but for a fraction of the cost.  Be aware that because of land slides, you won't be going past mile marker 43.  Reserve ahead of time here:  https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/shuttles.htm

Thanks for the link! After looking at our pre cruise itinerary, I’m not sure what time to book. We leave Fairbanks on 06/09 for Denali on the domed train, not sure how long that takes and what time the tour plans to begin the Denali Natural History. 

We are going in July and it has been sold out for months. I was checking almost every day and someone must have cancelled so I booked it. We have two kids otherwise I would probably do as SueMo says but I want them to be engaged since it is a long trip.