Majesty- Teen reviews wanted

emdia43

I'm thinking of taking the spring break cruise on Majesty with two 17yr old boys who love basketball and the night life.

I would like a response from some older teens who have done this cruise (W Carib) on this ship to tell me if there is enough for them to do.... teen club? sports on board? pool competitions?

The cruise I'm looking at is on 3/25/06, but if there's no Basketball and no teen club/disco they wouldn't enjoy it at all, so I may look at others. This cruise starts from Charleston,which is within driving distance and I like the itinerary,but it has 3 days at sea,which we like,but only if there's something for them to do....:)

I'm 17 years old and have been on 5 other cruises but I haven't been on the Majesty so I don't know what they do or do not have. A couple of thoses cruises didn't have large teen disco's or hangouts but the friends I made on board and I have always found something fun to do. Sometimes when a cruise ship does not have a teen disco they will use a lounge for a dance/ hangout type of place. Sorry i can't be more help.

We went on the Majesty last Spring Break with 2 teenage girls, 15 and 16. They LOVED the Teen Club and the leaders. They had lots of activities planned that were fun and not corny- they sat together at the shows and one dressy meal. Our girls still email some of the boys they met. There is a basketball court somewhere- but it's just a goal and not a full size court.

The parents have to come to the first sign up, and the leaders will not hesitate to dismiss anyone not following the rules.

I'll be happy to answer any other ??

emdia43: We are going on this same sailing 3/25 with 11 family members, 2 being teenagers. My brother is 15 and my cousin *girl* is 16. They both are really excited about this ship..they do have a teen program *i think its 13-17?* and its supposed to have fun things planned. I think I remember reading that there is a teen nite at the disco and they do scavenger hunts and ice cream parties. Hope this helps! :)

GhickfromTN,

So glad to hear your kids had a great time on the Majesty. I am going on the Majesty 4/15/06 with my DH and 11, 14, 17 yrs olds, and many of their cousins various ages. Just wondering what type of activities do they do?:confused:

And also this is our first cruise, so any info you have about the Majesty would be greatly appreciated.:o

Thanks

The first night they did an ice breaker where you had to mix & mingle. It didn't last too long. Beginning the next morning at 10:00 they had things planned- late breakfast together- hilarious scavenger hunts where they were grouped with others- contests, teen karoake. They had their own hot tub times scheduled. They dressed up and sat together one night for dinner. They always had the first side rows reserved for showtimes so they could sit together if they wanted. They had dance/disco times. Our girls are NOT necessarily outgoing and they definitely made friends!

We love the Majesty. We ate early each evening so there was never a wait. We tried all the restaurants. They have the best french fries EVER at the back of the deck where the pools are. We had wonderful room stewards and enjoyed our excursions. There are crowded pool areas and also very quiet peaceful areas. It's a smaller ship than the mega ones, so it is very easy to navigate.

A Cruise is such a wonderful luxury- I would have a difficult time complaining unless something was REALLY bad. You will have a great time!!

We were just on the Majesty 2/04 - 2/11. I have two teenagers 14 & 17. The 14 year old loved the teengroup! The leaders were wonderful and made it a lot of fun for him and the others. On several occasions he was up until after midnight with the group. On this particular cruise my daughter was too busy missing her boyfriend at home and moping about it to really let loose and enjoy herself. :confused: I would say that a lot of the success of the teengroups would depend on your particular cruise and how many teens are onboard and participating in the group. Good Luck!

GhickfromTN,

So glad to hear your kids had a great time on the Majesty. I am going on the Majesty 4/15/06 with my DH and 11, 14, 17 yrs olds, and many of their cousins various ages. Just wondering what type of activities do they do?:confused:

And also this is our first cruise, so any info you have about the Majesty would be greatly appreciated.:o

Thanks

Wow, this is my first cruise as wella and we are going with a pretty big group, 29 in all ranging from 3-73, should be fun. We'll see you on the cruise.:)

Archived