So many changes?

LadyBerard

We've been to Bermuda over 14 times by cruiseship.  We always enjoy spending some time at Calico Jack's (pirate ship).  I understand that this is  no longer at the dockyard.  We usually spend some time at the Snorkel Park.  What is the entry fee now?  I remember when it was $5 pp.  Also, at the Snorkel Park was a bar (Hammerheads).  Is that still there?  We would go here for a couple drinks and have lunch.  I am reading there is no longer a restaurant preparing food at the Snorkel Park.  

If you have been here recently, please tell me your experience here.  

We are scheduled to stop here for an afternoon while on the Summit repo cruise this Oct.  We did reserve a snorkel/beach excursion with Rising Son catamaran.  If you have taken this excursion, please tell me your thoughts on it.  Thank you.

Suzanne

4 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

We've been to Bermuda over 14 times by cruiseship.  We always enjoy spending some time at Calico Jack's (pirate ship).  I understand that this is  no longer at the dockyard.  We usually spend some time at the Snorkel Park.  What is the entry fee now?  I remember when it was $5 pp.  Also, at the Snorkel Park was a bar (Hammerheads).  Is that still there?  We would go here for a couple drinks and have lunch.  I am reading there is no longer a restaurant preparing food at the Snorkel Park.  

If you have been here recently, please tell me your experience here.  

We are scheduled to stop here for an afternoon while on the Summit repo cruise this Oct.  We did reserve a snorkel/beach excursion with Rising Son catamaran.  If you have taken this excursion, please tell me your thoughts on it.  Thank you.

Suzanne

There appears to be a new party/floating bar type boat taking over Calico Jack's spot. Water slide off the boat and lots of huge inflatables next to the boat. Just google the Bermuda Web Cam and you'll be able to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Rising Son in 2019 and had a great time.  Boat has seats in both sun or shade. We anchored near a small beach where we could swim, use their paddle boards/kayaks/noodles or snorkel about.  Steps that go directly into waist deep water made it easy to get on/off. Crew was very friendly. 

Glad to hear something is filling the gap for Calico Jack's. We loved stopping in there for a drink each time we were in Bermuda.  DH even 'walked the plank'.