Live Review NCL Dawn British Isles One Way to Amsterdam 6/3/2022-6/12/2022. Lots of Pictures!

BennyBrun

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

It’s the they give you the “free” beverage package but they don’t include water and coffee and juices like Royal unless you upgrade to PLUS.  The wine selection isn’t great for me and to have Chandon it’s an upcharge or upgrade.  So when you add it all up it’s no longer a perk but something you paid for that they advertise for free.  They specialty dinning they are sticking with the 1+1+1 anything you order extra is an upcharge.  I did not want to pullout the TC but the manager there were nice enough to open up the menu at Cucina when they discovered my fish was raw.  Troy was not good at all.  I wish I could record the marriage game show to give you a sample.  He was the assistant CD the first two days then on day 3 he became the CD … so not sure what happened there.  No energy? Not visible and pretty much on you are on your own.  You don’t get that on Royal.  They try to be at the shows after the shows and hosting many things to try to be visible.

The cruise itinerary itself is amazing I have no complaints about that but again I am on here for the itinerary and the shore excursion credits not for NCL or the ship or the cruising experience especially there is no time with all the stops.  I barely get enough sleep 😂 

Upgrading to 'Plus' is still cheaper than Royal's 'Premium" Drink Package. That's how I will look at it but I see where you are coming from. 'Free' is never free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Upgrading to 'Plus' is still cheaper than Royal's 'Premium" Drink Package. That's how I will look at it but I see where you are coming from. 'Free' is never free.

That’s my thing is that if it’s free then it should be free … not hey pay an extra $29 per day per person plus gratuity to go really free.  No thanks…I barely have time for sleeping after all of my excursions!

1 minute ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Are you referring to the requirement to enter back in the United States ?

Ugh… they chopped off half of my post…. Yes no more testing requirement to fly back to the USA!!  You still need a test to cruise as of right now… nothing has changed about the test requirement to cruise !!  Only to fly back to USA has been changed as of Sunday morning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Actually I had it before… I like the texture…I also enjoy blood sausage in London and the Asian version of it too.  😂 

I'm not fond of the flavor- texture is okay, the whole sheep's stomach is no big deal... but I find it's too... too... too something for my taste! peppery, maybe?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I'm not fond of the flavor- texture is okay, the whole sheep's stomach is no big deal... but I find it's too... too... too something for my taste! peppery, maybe?

3 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

I saw it listed on the board, and even though I’ve heard of it, I really didn’t know what it was.  So, I looked it up . . .yech!

It's something of an acquired taste. And it can indeed be quite spicy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 8

The excursion on I am on is basically a transfer.  So if you are looking for a guided tour this is not it!

Did you book Edinburgh on your own? Can I ask you how long from the port To the Royal Mile?

• Like 2

Just now, Rotie said:

Did you book Edinburgh on your own? Can I ask you how long from the port To the Royal Mile?

I am following this question too.  Our Edinburgh on your own has now disappeared from our excursion list on the NCL Star sailing 9/26.  We were going to walk or catch the hop on hop off bus.  Any suggestions from you would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

Like the English Trifle there are

different variations and it is an acquired taste!  😝. Next time try the blood sausage on the buffet like if you want … it’s a baby step towards haggis !

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rotie said:

I booked this on my own through NCL because it’s free under the shore excursion credit … it takes about 20-25 minute to get into town if you use Uber it’s about $30.00 each way.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, hoopslover said:

I am following this question too.  Our Edinburgh on your own has now disappeared from our excursion list on the NCL Star sailing 9/26.  We were going to walk or catch the hop on hop off bus.  Any suggestions from you would be appreciated.

It will take you a long time to walk .. it takes about 20-25 minutes via shuttle … I would not walk it because you need your energy to go up and down the streets in Old Town and Grass Market !  Also the hop on hop off is good if you want to drive around but most of the places you can walk to and explore on your own.  Waiting for that bus will eat a lot of your time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I booked this on my own through NCL because it’s free under the shore excursion credit … it takes about 20-25 minute to get into town if you use Uber it’s about $30.00 each way.

Thanks! I have broked through Ncl too and I need To know the timing because I have To reserve the entrance To the castle

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rotie said:

Thanks! I have broked through Ncl too and I need To know the timing because I have To reserve the entrance To the castle

To give you an idea … we had a 10:00 AM meeting time for the11AM excursion, did not actually make it to the bus on the other side until 11:20 AM.  We got into town about 11:50 AM at Waterloo Place across from the APEX hotel and got to the Edinburgh Castle around 1PM but if you hurry Al you can probably make it 30 minutes walking.  Give yourself time for transit and for tender delays!

• Like 2