Has anyone done a COVID test on a ship (particularly the Konigsdam)

Petrocelli

12 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

When you book it use the time on the cruise. We booked it the day before, there were no issues with finding times, all day was available. 

When we got the results from Emed and Azova, both showed a different time than the ship. I just put the ship time down for VeriFLY. For example, the Azova had 17:48 as the time of the test, I put down 1:48 pm. That is perfectly fine and all went through with no hitches. VeriFLY will not let you put down a time in the future so just put current shipboard time.

I just have a question about VeriFLY. I have downloaded the app and put in our vaccine cards. Do you just use it to put in your test results? Do you use it for customs? Our airlines don’t support this app, so wondering what we would use it for. Thank you! 

10 minutes ago, Gray Lady said:

I just have a question about VeriFLY. I have downloaded the app and put in our vaccine cards. Do you just use it to put in your test results? Do you use it for customs? Our airlines don’t support this app, so wondering what we would use it for. Thank you! 

I would go on the airline website and it will give you the method to upload/provide your negative test results. We flew out of Vancouver home to the US via American Airlines. For American they are linked with VeriFLY so you can only get your boarding pass after documents approved by VeriFLY. If you are using an airline that is not partnered with VeriFLY, then they will have their own method. Likely on your specific reservation it will show documents needed to fly.

2 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

I would go on the airline website and it will give you the method to upload/provide your negative test results. We flew out of Vancouver home to the US via American Airlines. For American they are linked with VeriFLY so you can only get your boarding pass after documents approved by VeriFLY. If you are using an airline that is not partnered with VeriFLY, then they will have their own method. Likely on your specific reservation it will show documents needed to fly.

Thank you for letting me know how it works. We fly to the US on Westjet (partnered with Delta). I will do some research to see how they want our test results. Again, thank you for explaining it to me! 

On 6/5/2022 at 6:28 PM, kentuckycruiser said:

The premium internet package was $29 for one device or $39.99 for four devices. We bought it after breakfast on Friday. You purchase the internet via the Navigator app and go to the internet from there. 

@kentuckycruiser, is your one day premium internet package only good for Friday or it is 24 hour based that is still available Saturday morning?  We are flying out one day after, need to do the test the day of disembarking.  Thank you very much! 

7 hours ago, shuyak said:

@kentuckycruiser, is your one day premium internet package only good for Friday or it is 24 hour based that is still available Saturday morning?  We are flying out one day after, need to do the test the day of disembarking.  Thank you very much! 

It is good for 24 hours. So if you bought it at noon on Friday you would be good for Saturday. But if you are disembarking and need to test on Saturday then just use your personal data plan, and you don't need the ship. Assuming you are disembarking in Vancouver. Or wait and do it at your hotel.

Edited by kentuckycruiser

44 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

It is good for 24 hours. So if you bought it at noon on Friday you would be good for Saturday. But if you are disembarking and need to test on Saturday then just use your personal data plan, and you don't need the ship. Assuming you are disembarking in Vancouver. Or wait and do it at your hotel.

Thank you!  This is very helpful. (Will test and disembark on Sunday morning instead)

Found conflict info about if T-mobile signal is strong and stable enough near Vancouver port.

Sad part is if test positive after disembarking,  we will be on our own - HAL has no responsibility, nor will be covered under our the trip insurance.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:30 PM, kentuckycruiser said:

We are on the Koningsdam now. We are going to get the premium package tomorrow (Friday) and do the tests then. We are one short (have 6 people but 5 emed tests) so we practically begged HAL if we could get one test or even buy one from them. Nope. I also brought along 7 of the freebie govt tests and we are going to try getting those to work via one of these pop up companies. What I figure we need to get just one to work and upload to Verifly on Friday then we are good to go on Saturday. We are nervous about getting 1:40 flight on Saturday.

How did that go?  Please f/up post

On 6/4/2022 at 1:05 PM, kentuckycruiser said:

NO ONE asked for the Arrive Can even though HAL would not allow anyone to board unless they had the app.

That is because it is tied to your passport and they (CBSA) have already checked everything out prior to your arrival.  If the information hadn’t been submitted it would have been time for a conversation.

4 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

That is because it is tied to your passport and they (CBSA) have already checked everything out prior to your arrival.  If the information hadn’t been submitted it would have been time for a conversation.

I did find that out later. Although one family in our group was considered to be under quarantine on Arrive Can because their 4 year old was unvaccinated but yet there were no hiccups when going through customs during disembarking.

4 hours ago, Losnab said:

How did that go?  Please f/up post

well this is old news not thank goodness! But had 4 of us use the Emed tests on board on the Friday before the Saturday disembark. The other 8 used Flow Flex tests purchased in Ketchikan and booked with Azova for $20. All went fine!