Thermal Spa Pass-Zaandam

Burrata

hello all! 

Thinking of purchasing the week long thermal spa pass for an August cruise (Montreal to Boston). This is my first cruise with HAL but have cruised several times on NCL.

From photos and write ups I could find, the spa does seem small.

A few questions please, Does it get busy? Is it a quiet place to relax? Does anyone know the operating times?

TIA!

It is small, 4-6 ceramic lounges, small hot tub, sauna, showers (2, no doors or curtains).  It is usually a quiet place to relax (though, one time we had a couple of grabbers in there), not often crowded.  Hours, I think, are the same as the full spa.  I hope I’m remembering correctly … we’ll be there next month!

I think you will be disappointed in this amenity in comparison to what you have had on NCL.  I would not pre-book.  See for yourself once you are onboard.  I love the Thermal Suite and Hydrothermal Pool on the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships.  This amenity on the Volendam and Zaandam is a waste of money.  I have experienced it.  The "pool" is nothing more than a hot tub that is "free" outside the Greenhouse Spa.  

• Like 1