Antigen test in Athens

windsurferfirst

Hi  We are arriving in Athens the afternoon before we cruise. I dot really want to use the testing station at the port as I think it may be a bit chaotic - happy to be corrected on this view. I was wondering if anyone had done a test in a Pharmacy in Athens. Did they give you paperwork that was accepted by the cruise line? (Princess) I really wanted to know what the procedure was. 

Thanks for reading

I can't speak for Princess but a pharmacy test in Athens did NOT work for returning to the U.S. The pharmacy said that the result would be loaded to the QR code on a Greece PLF (which is no longer required for arrival in Greece), but the agents at both ATH and MUC had no way to read that. I suggest  going to the Athens Medical Center testing station in the airport when you arrive since they will send the results to you as an encrypted PDF. Appointments aren't needed but the check-in is a little faster if you register in advance. The testing station is on level 1 across from the "Traditional Greek Bagels" stand.

Alternatively, you could bring test kits for proctored Internet tests with you, provided that you'll have wi-fi at your hotel that evening. These are more expensive than the Athens Medical Center testing and you should be sure to have an extra test kit in case one is defective (happened to me; that's how I came to try a pharmacy test).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I can't speak for Princess but a pharmacy test in Athens did NOT work for returning to the U.S. The pharmacy said that the result would be loaded to the QR code on a Greece PLF (which is no longer required for arrival in Greece), but the agents at both ATH and MUC had no way to read that. I suggest  going to the Athens Medical Center testing station in the airport when you arrive since they will send the results to you as an encrypted PDF. Appointments aren't needed but the check-in is a little faster if you register in advance. The testing station is on level 1 across from the "Traditional Greek Bagels" stand.

Alternatively, you could bring test kits for proctored Internet tests with you, provided that you'll have wi-fi at your hotel that evening. These are more expensive than the Athens Medical Center testing and you should be sure to have an extra test kit in case one is defective (happened to me; that's how I came to try a pharmacy test).

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful.

If you are arriving in Athens one day before your cruise starts you can indeed go to a pharmacy for a rapid antigen test and wait there for the paperwork. Should not rake more than 15 minutes 

Edited by ladocevita
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ladocevita said:

If you are arriving in Athens one day before your cruise starts you can indeed go to a pharmacy for a rapid antigen test and wait there for the paperwork. Should not rake more than 15 minutes 

Thanks for your reply. The hotel told me there is a pharmacy just a few steps away from them so hopefully we can get the tests done there.

• Like 1