EZ Air/Early Ticketing

Cruzin Grandma

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can also try on your desktop. Go to princess.com, pull up your ez air booking,

(under travel) modify flight, select seats,

if that comes up, book seats, then check on the airline website.  Make sure ti use the AA booking number and your name, if you don’t find it.  
All my bookings now are Delta and United, so I can’t test an AA flight. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Worked like a charm.  Went on my PC, followed the steps you said and I made my seat request on the Princess website and then confirmed that they went through onto the AA website and everything is a go.  I now can just wait to make final payment at the end of February.

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Worked like a charm.  Went on my PC, followed the steps you said and I made my seat request on the Princess website and then confirmed that they went through onto the AA website and everything is a go.  I now can just wait to make final payment at the end of February.

So glad it worked for you.  It’s just a glitch in the EZ air-AA system and

should have worked on your phone too, but it’s a workaround.  

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 7/15/2022 at 5:16 PM, Steelers36 said:

I have Business booked thru EZ-Air for FCO-LHR-YYZ.  Both legs are operated by BA.  I elected to book it as with BA for first leg and AA code-share for second leg.  I was able to select Business seats on first leg thru EZ-Air when booking.  Whether I booked second leg as BA direct or AA code-share, in neither case can seats be selected.  I chose to go with AA code-share as I am worried BA will charge a seat selection fee.  I believe I will not be able to select seats until ticketed and do plan to request early ticketing shortly after FP Date.

We have booked "Business" flights through EZ Air for August 20 sailing of Regal. YYZ-FCO and BCN-YYZ with Air Transat. Have flight confirmation #s and eTicket #s, yet still unable to select seats.

On PCL site it says no seat maps available and to go to airline. Airline won't let us in as it keeps coming up with "booking not found". Spoken to PCL CVP and customer relations. They just resend me the flight confirmation summaries. CVP suggested that many airlines don't allow 3rd party resellers like EZ Air access for seat selection. Suggested this was the case with AT. We are a month away from flying and would like to select seats.  Anyone have any experience with this?

36 minutes ago, sidvan said:

We have booked "Business" flights through EZ Air for August 20 sailing of Regal. YYZ-FCO and BCN-YYZ with Air Transat. Have flight confirmation #s and eTicket #s, yet still unable to select seats.

On PCL site it says no seat maps available and to go to airline. Airline won't let us in as it keeps coming up with "booking not found". Spoken to PCL CVP and customer relations. They just resend me the flight confirmation summaries. CVP suggested that many airlines don't allow 3rd party resellers like EZ Air access for seat selection. Suggested this was the case with AT. We are a month away from flying and would like to select seats.  Anyone have any experience with this?

If you have an eticket, then they should find it in their system.  By booking number make sure your using the Air Transat number, flight no and last name or they can pull it up by ticket number.

Has your flight changed?  Make sure it’s still shows operating on the Air Transat website.  
Their website shows Eco and Club fares. They should be able to tell you what the rules are for seat selection.

Are you sure it is a Air Tranat flight and not operated by a code share?  It will state so on their website.

I would check everything, flight number etc and then call the airline back. They should be able to figure it out, if you’re already ticketed.

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 hours ago, sidvan said:

I do not fly Air Transat.  But, I suspect they are not going to allow seat selection until you are ticketed?  (Air Canada is that way - except for Signature Business Class and Premium Economy which can be selected in EZ-Air). 

You do mention ticket numbers, so it seems you are ticketed now.  Of course by this time you should be, but there have been reports of EZ-Air not ticketing until "the last minute" so to speak. 

You need to talk to Air Transat as you should be able to pull up your flight there.  Are you sure you are using the Air Transit booking code from EZ-Air and not the EZ-Air master file booking code?  You need the airline-specific booking code which is shown in the flight information area, whereas the EZ-Air code is prominent at the top of the screens.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I do not fly Air Transat.  But, I suspect they are not going to allow seat selection until you are ticketed?  (Air Canada is that way - except for Signature Business Class and Premium Economy which can be selected in EZ-Air). 

You do mention ticket numbers, so it seems you are ticketed now.  Of course by this time you should be, but there have been reports of EZ-Air not ticketing until "the last minute" so to speak. 

You need to talk to Air Transat as you should be able to pull up your flight there.  Are you sure you are using the Air Transit booking code from EZ-Air and not the EZ-Air master file booking code?  You need the airline-specific booking code which is shown in the flight information area, whereas the EZ-Air code is prominent at the top of the screens.

Been using 

Air Transat xxx
***Confirmation: U2WPOA***
Jet Airbus A330-200

Business class

not the Air Booking Number: ABCDEF

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidvan said:

Been using 

Air Transat xxx
***Confirmation: U2WPOA***
Jet Airbus A330-200

Business class

not the Air Booking Number: ABCDEF

Gotcha.  Then I would call Air Transat and give them the booking number and ask what the problem is.

Surely their reps can block you into a seat.  Just two rows, so if you are used to them and have a face location, you might want to pursue this as best you can.  It look more like Premium Economy to me and they call it Club Class I gather.  Good luck.

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Gotcha.  Then I would call Air Transat and give them the booking number and ask what the problem is.

Surely their reps can block you into a seat.  Just two rows, so if you are used to them and have a face location, you might want to pursue this as best you can.  It look more like Premium Economy to me and they call it Club Class I gather.  Good luck.

Yeah it's been tough to find a number to call.  It's more like a premium economy - what they call business class - only 12 seats at front of aircraft. Very comfortable. Have used it before just not throgh EZ Air.  Just don't want to be left with me and the wife on opposite sides of the aircraft.

6 minutes ago, sidvan said:

Yeah it's been tough to find a number to call.  It's more like a premium economy - what they call business class - only 12 seats at front of aircraft. Very comfortable. Have used it before just not throgh EZ Air.  Just don't want to be left with me and the wife on opposite sides of the aircraft.

Hmm.  took me about 10-15 seconds to find 1-877-872-6728  (1-877-TRANSAT).

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Hmm.  took me about 10-15 seconds to find 1-877-872-6728  (1-877-TRANSAT).

ok then - Thanks will give it a try. Appreciate it. I had been trying to look for it on their websigte and evrytime you go to contact us it wouldn't provide a phone number just a chatbot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will say that I recently booked a cruise and flights through Princess.  I was able to use gifts cards for both online.  I had seen the fine print but it gave me the option to use gift card, credit card, or PayPal when I paid.  I could not use gift cards to pay for shore excursions.

Also, I was able to select my seats for the flight through Princess.  I am flying American Airlines.  If I look at the current AA flights it even shows my seat as blocked out now.  I have not done early ticketing.