RCCL Signs With Starlink. What about NCLH?

Aloha 1

RCCL has applied to the FCC for licensing Elon Musk's Starlink Satellite wifi system for all their ships. Given the sorry state of wi-fi on Oceania, this would seem to be a no brainer for FDR to consider. Anyone with input?

I am with you Aloha 1. While Free WiFi is Great, bad Free WiFi is just frustrating. Costly bad WiFi is just a deal breaker. This move by RCCL is very positive and maybe this is another time when NCLH and RCCL need to join forces again. 

Ciao, Mauibabes 

• Like 1

Let’s make it a three…I agree with you both of you that the Wi-Fi on Oceania is in need of an upgrade of some kind or another. I suspect one question will be is If Starlink has enough worldwide coverage. As of last month it has coverage enough in 32 countries that you can buy a hook up kit.. It announced last year that it expected to have world wide coverage and they do have on their coverage map dots all over the world indicating satellites so maybe they can handle ships worldwide. Does anyone know the answer to whether they have enough coverage bandwidth to service a cruise line like NCL Corp everyplace it sales.