What virtual Covid tests are accepted for Vancouver sailing, that are available in Canada?

Has anyone found a decent virtual Covid test option available in Canada, that is accepted by Royal Caribbean?  I can’t find a test that is available in Canada but approved by the FDA, as Royal Caribbean requires.  Emailed RC last week but no reply yet.  

40 minutes ago, katrinakatrina said:

I can’t find a test that is available in Canada but approved by the FDA, as Royal Caribbean requires.

Welcome to CC.

You can probably ignore the FDA part of the criteria - folks in Europe test with all kinds of non-FDA approved methods and have had no issue boarding. You can also ignore the requirement that the test lab have a CLIA #. You can probably use any of the online proctoring services mentioned in various threads here.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Virtual tests don't need to be Canadian - the most recent changes to the website gave explicit info on virtual tests, confirming that they must be actively observed and approved for distribution EITHER in Canada OR in the country they were purchased in and the observation happens from.

So if RC are being picky, buy a proctored FDA-approved test before leaving home - the actual proctoring service is 24/7 from all the companies I'm aware of, since it's online your physical location at time of testing is irrelevant, so just book a convenient slot when you're in your pre-cruise hotel here for the observation of you taking the test.