Chef's table still worth it?

psk2347

My wife and I have done the Chef's table on the Carnival Sunshine and the Carnival Magic. Both of these were pre-covid. We loved the full experience of going into the galley watching the demonstrations, and of course eating the multi-course meal. I believe we paid $70 per person for both of these back in the day. I noticed the prices for the Chef's Table are now $99 per person and because of Covid they have completely removed the galley tour. I'm struggling to justify the higher prices for half the experience. Can anyone that has attended the chef's table post-covid chime in? Is it still worth it?

Edited by psk2347

47 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Chef’s Table is on pause due to staffing shortages.  EM

It is scheduled to restart on July 1st, my sailing is for July 2nd. Of course I do know there is a chance they could extend the cancelation.

As someone that has done the Chef's Table Pre-Covid, Last Cruise at Shutdown Covid, and post Covid, we feel it is still worth it.

Yes pre-Covid there was a galley tour where they had demonstrations and it was great. On our shutdown cruise they eliminated the galley tour as a precaution (nobody knew what to expect or how strange the world would become) and the demonstrations where moved into the dining venue. Post-Covid really only doesn't involve the galley tour, still get the demonstrations and the food and service is outstanding. I will book it again when given the chance.

The operational pause of the Chef's Table may be over at the end of the month but may be dependent on each ships staffing levels. Ecstasy since returning to service in March has not to my knowledge had a Chef's Table and none is available for my sailing again on June30. For my Breeze sailing in July it shows to be available but I hesitate to book now until an announcement is made saying they are resuming, just don't want to tie up funds that may end up being on the slow boat of refunds. 

• Like 1