June 4-12 Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Galveston

mnkauf

Ship = Carnival Dream

Room = Deck 10  Balcony- This costs more but a great decision.  We were on the Liddo deck where all the action occurs.

Day 1 - Sea Day - We did the Binax Now COVID tests and had a late boarding time.  We did not use Verifly but it did not take long to get through the line.

Day 2 - Key West - I stayed on the ship but my wife got off.  It was very hot.  

Day 3 - Freeport - We booked a Trip Advisor excursion (Mamma Gal East End Native Experience) and this was outstanding.

Day 4 - Half Moon Cay - They do not have things well organized.  We rented a clam shell and it was fairly hot. 

Day 5 - Nassau - We went to Pearl Island as a Carnival Excursion.   The food was very good and it was fairly hot.  

Day 6-7 Sea Days

The food on the ship was above average.  I hate the lunch buffet so we choose to eat Guy's burgers around 1 p.m. to avoid the lines.  We did eat at Guy's BBQ one day but the food portion size was pitiful.  The entertainment on the ship was very good and we enjoyed the evening shows.  They could beef up their entertainment options during the day.  I would pick a cooler time of year to do if I went again but I do not think I would repeat this cruise because we like to go to new places.  If you have specific questions, we would be glad to answer them. 

• Like 2

The Mamma Gal East End Native Experience meets you near the Harley Davidson Shop which is near the pier where you get off the ship.  They take you to a national park of the Bahamas located on Freeport.  You then go on a walking tour of the national park and go down stairs to a cave and have the opportunity to look around.  You go across the street to another area where they filmed Pirates of the Carribean.  On the way back to the ship, you stop for lunch to eat at a location that overlooks the ocean with incredible views (you pay for your lunch).  Your final stop is a shopping experience which was not that great.  I asked about their last hurricane and the tour guide shared some incredible stories.  The Carnival excursions did not interest me.   

1 hour ago, mnkauf said:

The Mamma Gal East End Native Experience meets you near the Harley Davidson Shop which is near the pier where you get off the ship.  They take you to a national park of the Bahamas located on Freeport.  You then go on a walking tour of the national park and go down stairs to a cave and have the opportunity to look around.  You go across the street to another area where they filmed Pirates of the Carribean.  On the way back to the ship, you stop for lunch to eat at a location that overlooks the ocean with incredible views (you pay for your lunch).  Your final stop is a shopping experience which was not that great.  I asked about their last hurricane and the tour guide shared some incredible stories.  The Carnival excursions did not interest me.   

Thanks for the great review. We are doing this exact excursion and was hoping it was a good one. Did you enjoy the food at your lunch stop? We're not big shoppers so maybe we can skip that part. 

The food at the lunch stop was above average.  My wife ordered some fish which she really liked and I had conch (never had tried that before).   The best part of lunch was the view.  We were outside just steps away from the beach with a great view.  

Thanks for this.  We did this itinerary in February, and I wouldn't recommend that time of year for a cruise that stays so far north (we're used to the Caribbean).  We would like to go back during a warmer time of year, but maybe not directly in the summer since you've mentioned the heat.