Visa for Turkey

Flgreg

We're booked on an Athens to Athens cruise. All ports except 1 (Ephesus) are in Greece. I've always been told by others who have been there on a cruise,  a Viking rep and another cruise line's rep that a visa for Turkey while on a cruise is only required if you are embarking or disembarking in Turkey or doing a land pre or post cruise extension in Turkey. 

None of those apply to us. We will be in Greek ports before and after the stop at Ephesus. US State Department travel info for Turkey states visa not required for one day in port while on a cruise. I'm going to check Turkey's official governmental sites later.

Does anyone have recent direct experience with this situation?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, MrsKMB said:

I'm cruising next week with a stop in Turkey. No visa required as we are considered "in transit." From the e-visa site:

2002442601_ScreenShot2022-06-15at5_09_05PM.thumb.png.6b2f2d7ff81cadafa91ae569f49da1f4.png

Thanks very much MrsKMB.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We cruised the Ancient Mediterranean Treasures itinerary in May and added the precruise Istanbul extension, so we were in Istanbul a bit over 72 hours.  I applied for, paid for and printed the Turkish eVisa for each of us (party of 4) before we departed the US.  No-one ever asked for it, but maybe Turkish passport control got the information electronically?  I felt better having followed the rules but have to wonder if it was $$ wasted.

• Like 1