Final payment question

VeesterG

Hi all,

We are booked on Queen Elizabeth 13nights to New Zealand in January 2023 and I can’t find any information on when final payment is due. It’s not in our original booking confirmation or in My Cunard when I log in. Is it 90 days before? Also, are we not able to pay balance through My Cunard?

Thanks for your help 😁

Hello @VeesterG.  This information assumes you are based in Australia and booked through the Cunard Australia website under Australia T&Cs.  If you are from elsewhere, or booked through a travel agent, your conditions may be different.

Standard final payment for Australia is indeed 90 days.  But different fares and Cunard promotions may have different conditions.  Also a while back Cunard was extending the final payment date to be closer to sailing date to ease traveler concerns about cancellation.  Your final payment date is usually shown on page 2 of your booking confirmation email, in the section called "Payment details", which is between "Pricing details" and "Cancellation schedule".  Usually, the wording is "Final payment of $xxx.xx is due by {date}".  If these words are not shown, give the Cunard Australia call centre a bell on 13 24 41 and they can help.

Final payments are typically done in one of three ways:

1. During the booking process when you paid your deposit, you had a tick box option for Cunard to automatically charge the credit card you used for your deposit to pay the final amount.  If you chose this option, you don't have to do anything on the final payment date.
  2. The Australia call centre will take your final payment over the phone on 13 24 41.
  3. You can use bank transfer to send final payment from your Australia bank account.  Carnival's BSB and account number used to be on the Cunard Australia web site, but looking today I can't find them in the FAQ where they used to be, so perhaps this has changed.  The call centre should be able to tell you the current BSB/account numbers.  You specify your name and booking reference in the comments field on the transfer, and it used to go through smoothy.  The advantage of this method is that you avoid Cunard's credit card surcharge, which in Australia is 1.1% for Visa and MasterCard, and 2.75% for American Express.

It is not possible in Australia to pay through MyCunard Manage my Booking.

Hope this helps, and best wishes for your voyage.

• Like 3

Excellent summary provided by @sfred. Since your profile doesn't indicate where you reside, all I'll add is that if you happen to have booked directly with Cunard under the standard terms and conditions for North America, your final payment date for a 13-night voyage will be 120 days prior to departure.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

Thank you both for your help. I am based in Australia. I may have to give them a call as all I have in my confirmation email is booking reference, voyage number and date. No payment details whatsoever. I remember it did take approx a week or so after I booked for this email to come through. 

Thanks again