American Queen June 26, 2022 NOLA to Memphis

IamAlyce

Hi!  We will be on this cruise.  We have a group of 17 family members on a family reunion cruise.  We also have 6 kids with us aged 6-20.  My Sister-in-law who paid for the whole cruise really wanted to do this specific cruise.  I'm a little worried that the kids won't have a lot to do.  They will probably be in the pool a lot!  So, I hope we don't annoy the other people on the cruise!  I know this cruise usually has a lot of older people on it.  We are excited as we probably would not have done this cruise due to expense, but personally, I would have picked a more kid friendly cruise.  Thank goodness we should be in port most days.  My husband and I both live in Michigan in the summer, and Florida in the winter. 

Hope you have a lovely time.  In 7 AQ trips we have never seen a child on board.  Pool is tiny and there is really not much for kids to do.  I suggest you bring games and whatever else might catch the kids' interest.  Internet connection is iffy at best - or at least it was on our last trip which was almost 3 years ago.

• Like 1

My husband and I  will be on the cruise.  We are from Florida.  This is our first riverboat cruise.  We have been cruising on ocean cruises for years. I hope this cruise will be much better than the reviews I have read. We'll see soon enough. By the way my name is Cris and my husband is Mike.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:38 AM, shaupt2918 said:

Hi!  We will be on this cruise.  We have a group of 17 family members on a family reunion cruise.  We also have 6 kids with us aged 6-20.  My Sister-in-law who paid for the whole cruise really wanted to do this specific cruise.  I'm a little worried that the kids won't have a lot to do.  They will probably be in the pool a lot!  So, I hope we don't annoy the other people on the cruise!  I know this cruise usually has a lot of older people on it.  We are excited as we probably would not have done this cruise due to expense, but personally, I would have picked a more kid friendly cruise.  Thank goodness we should be in port most days.  My husband and I both live in Michigan in the summer, and Florida in the winter. 

funny, my husband and I do the same, which part of Michigan are you from? We are in the Ann Arbor area in summers, Lake Wales for the winter.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, nana3quinn said:

My husband and I  will be on the cruise.  We are from Florida.  This is our first riverboat cruise.  We have been cruising on ocean cruises for years. I hope this cruise will be much better than the reviews I have read. We'll see soon enough. By the way my name is Cris and my husband is Mike.

Hi Cris! We are Jim and Elaine and we own in lake Wales, Florida but only winter there as we also have a place in Michigan also!

this will be our first river cruise, two cancelled before this one. Looking forward to something different!

elaine