Noordam Guarantee SZ

kelelmel

I am already booked in Cat. VA aft cabin. It appears that there are Cat. SZ (superior verandah suite) guarantee available for less than what I paid for a non-suite. It seems like a good deal, but am I missing something? There are not many SZ cabins on the ship from what I can see. How does the SZ differ from the SS, is it just location? Might I get stuck in a suite with an obstruction or something else unappealing? I have never booked a guarantee before. I don't even know if my TA would let me switch as I have paid in full and, as previously mentioned, I paid more than this cabin would cost. It seems to me that they probably wouldn't want to offer me a credit. Is it not worth the hassle? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

~Kelly

... How does the SZ differ from the SS, is it just location? Might I get stuck in a suite with an obstruction or something else unappealing?...

6052 and 6117 are very nice cabins... an unusual angular configuration, but nearly twice the interior (tub, extra shower & double sink) as your Cat A. If your cabin is aft, the veranda is OK. If you're on the wake, your veranda is twice as deep. So, if you want the bigger veranda, stay in the A. For a bigger cabin, go for the SZ.

I have been in both on Zuidy and I'd take the SZ in a Chicago minute.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

CandY is coorect.

We have a Guarantee as well on 03/25/2006 AD New Noordam.

We have done this a few times before it depends on the ships capacity mostly and dollars spent ..

Ask your travel agent/agency on the SZ ASAP.:D

Regards.

It is worth a try, but had the similar happen on the upcoming March 4 Noordam. Saw SZ Guar cheaper than veranda cabin. Went through TA, and got the following. First, since there are only two SZ, they had already been booked, and the website had not been updated.

Second, if you look at the pricing page, and click on guarantee, it specifically says for new bookings only. Since we were already past final payment, had the guarantee been available, we would have had to cancel our first booking (with the standard penalty), then rebook the SZ Guar. While it would have been nice, the penalty of cancellation would have made the cost prohibitive.

I do realize that sometimes one person on the phone will give you one story, and if you call back and speak with someone else, you may get a different story entirely. It never hurts to ask, and good luck!

WNYCRUISER, that is exactly what they told me. My TA tried and failed and suggested I try contacting the cruiseline directly. I did so and they offered the same response as my TA. Both, my TA and HAL, were very helpful and appeared to truly try to assist me. Anywho, in my aft VA I [happily] remain. It was worth a try.

Thanks again, everyone, for your feedback.

Yikes! I was a bit afraid of the guarantee, but you both convinced me. I am going to call my TA this am and see what they say. It's a savings of close to $500.00. Thanks so much for the info. You guys are the best. Wish me luck!

I would have dragged her outta bed in the middle of the night for this deal! You will get a wonderful cabin and have a great cruise!

Candy <-- worships the Upgrade Fairy (this one was seen at Dunn's River Falls)

waterfallfairy.jpg

Archived