Premium vs premiere plus - Discovery Princess

evelynw2

2 hours ago, evelynw2 said:

We booked a suite on the Discovery and  we received an email offering this upgrade( I believe it is $25 per person ). Has anyone upgraded and if so did you find it to be worthwhile ?

Thanks!

The new plan is not even in place yet   People will not be able to use it till January 25. We should hear more specifics in a few weeks 

59 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

January 25th or June 25th?

The new plan starts June 25.

8 hours ago, evelynw2 said:

We booked a suite on the Discovery and  we received an email offering this upgrade( I believe it is $25 per person ). Has anyone upgraded and if so did you find it to be worthwhile ?

Thanks!

For those sailing in the very near future, I would not upgrade for the expanded wines alone.  I'm on the Caribbean Princess now and I'm finding many of the wines I enjoy in the $10-12 range just aren't available.  The bars seem hesitant to show menus and just ask if you want a Pinot Grigio, Cabernet, etc. without any specific information about the vineyard/wine.  Even Vines is lacking in selection.  I have seen the Cloudy  Bay Sauvignon Blanc at Vines but I'm not sure how many other high end wines are actually available.  Supply seems to be a bit issue.  The one unknown is whether they will raise prices on other drinks.  I'll report back next week on any changes I notice to prices.

I would also caution against upgrading for the specialty dining as there are already too many people booking specialty dining that you may not actually be able to use them.  This week was fully booked before we even had a chance to ask about reservations.

Additionally, as the ships fill up, the internet can't seem to keep up and so having additional devices might be more convenient but you might find that you can't do what you need to because everyone is on the internet.  We had pretty good internet on the Emerald in February with about 60% capacity.  The Caribbean at 95% is clearly more than the internet can handle.

For those sailing further in the future, my advice is to wait and see what the reports are like after this fare has been available for a bit.

• Like 1