Wireless on Infinity?

JuWolf43

Has anyone experienced using a wireless internet connection on the Infinity? We are sailing April 2-17. I want to take my computer and am willing to pay for minutes if wireless is available. I appreciate any info if you have it.

Judi Wolf

I have used wireless on Infinity and Constellation. I was staying in a Royal Suite which has a computer but was able to get marginal wireless from my cabin. There was strong connectivity near the internet Cafe and training room (the old Notes on Constellation). I was also able to connect in Cova with good signal strength.

Thanks so much for the reply. I am happy to go to the Cova and to pay for the minutes. I will just compose off line. Those Internet cafe in ports are cheap, but sometimes hard to find and other times we have had to wait in line which I hate to do on vacation. Thanks for the positive hope for connecting.

JuWolf - composing off line is the secret for sure - at .75 per minute internet is a rip off! For some reason I thought bringing our own laptop and using wireless would net us a better deal but not so.

For anyone else reading this thread - the cheapest way to send an e-mail home is to use your Celebrity Address which you get in your E-docs. That only costs $2.00 per e-mail and you can take all day to compose it on Celebrity's computers if you like. If you try to use your own e-address from home it'll cost you more than $2.00 just to fire up their computer and get into your home account. (sorry to hijack your thread JuWolf!! - just an important bit of info that no one on Summit seemed to know and they weren't very good about explaining...) Jayna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rick,

I didn't get a notice on this post. Sorry! Are you on our cruise 4/2-4/16? Have you been on our roll call. We have a great group. We are in room 9201. We are form Cleveland. Where are you from? My husband Marshall and I are very excited about this cruise. We did it once before and loved it.

Judi

Archived