Carnival Just Canceled our Xplor Excursion

Cruisin333

Carnival just canceled our Xplor Excursion in Cozumel and we are set to sail in 10 days!!! They refuse to do anything about it saying, "their tour contractor canceled on them".  I'm livid!  We were doing that for the zip lines and other activities.  Has anyone ever gone there NOT booking through Carnival? Any tips on traveling there and back if so? Any and all tips, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated given that this was the thing my son was looking forward to the most on his whole birthday trip!

I would be one that would hesitate booking this one outside of a ship excursion just due to the park being on the mainland and the extensive travel back and forth. What do expect Carnival to do if their vendor cancels on them? I suspect it may have to due with ferry scheduling and the ships arrival and departure times, with the vendor having to provide Carnival some type of guarantee of passenger and return times.  Carnival had it listed as a 7 hour excursion and just the ferry trips back and forth could easily eat up 2 hours of that time then figure in the time required to wrangle up all those passengers in the beginning and the end of the tour.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dadofsix said:

I would be one that would hesitate booking this one outside of a ship excursion just due to the park being on the mainland and the extensive travel back and forth. What do expect Carnival to do if their vendor cancels on them? I suspect it may have to due with ferry scheduling and the ships arrival and departure times, with the vendor having to provide Carnival some type of guarantee of passenger and return times.  Carnival had it listed as a 7 hour excursion and just the ferry trips back and forth could easily eat up 2 hours of that time then figure in the time required to wrangle up all those passengers in the beginning and the end of the tour.

+1 for not something I would do independently from a cruise - save for another cruise or a land vacation in Cozumel or preferably mainland, when you can take full advantage. 

what other ports of call? - can’t you do zip-line elsewhere?