Please Help!!

KilikDrav

What kinds of things do you like to do? There are some great snorkeling tours. If you don't want to take a guided tour, you can just go into Bridgetown (a short distance from the pier) and stroll around. There is a craft village nearby, and there is a self-guided walking tour of the historic sights. If you want to get out and see the island, I recommend Cameron Reid. His website is http://www.scenicbarbados.com He does have standard tours, but can customize one to your preferences. We used Cameron's services on our last cruise and were very happy with our driver and the cost.

There's lots to do in Barbados. As rjscott said, you can book a tour with the ship or independently. Look on this board and you'll get lots of good ideas. In my experience, you'll do better both cost and experience wise to book something independent of the ship, especially if there are four or more of you. If going independently, book something with someone mentioned on the board -- that way you'll have a good idea of what you doing and what it will cost -- no haggling with the taxi drivers at the peir. My wife and I will be in Barbados at the end of March and have booked a cruise/swim/lunch with the Silver Moon II. Whatever you do, Barbados is a beautiful place with wonderful people -- have a great time!

I agree - you must decide what you want to do your first time there.....

We also toured with Cameron Reid.... a review is on here somewhere !!! He was awesome..... took us all over the island (6 hrs) for $150.00 for 4 of us in a brand new Camry.... He knew all the history, culture, religion, politics and millions of other interesting tidbits.... Now if I can ever get back to Barbados I know where I would stay and other things I will do.... :D

Archived