Luggage Drop-off with Unvaccinated Kids

Wondering if anyone can shed light on current process for dropping off luggage with unvaccinated kids that need COVID testing at the port.  Do you carry bags with you in the off chance someone is positive or drop-off per usual and then you wait for them to retrieve your bags?

If it matters, ship is Allure June 25 out of Ft Lauderdale.

Other people have posted that it was a total nightmare getting their bags back (I don't remember which line it is, but I cannot imagine any cruise line being able to easily return luggage on embarkation day, especially now when everything is so short staffed.)  Honestly, if you can't handle them, leave them in the car.  Or else keep them with you.  The last thing you want to do if you find out at the last minute your cruise is cancelled that you need to wait for hours for your luggage.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

We traveled with extended family that included our youngest grandson (age 4) that had to be tested at Port Canaveral. We did a test on him at hotel the night before our cruise and knew he was negative. We checked in all our luggage...entered the terminal and went through the testing procedure...ended up being easy....no surprises.

I don’t have unvaccinated kids, but even with us vaccinated folks, I’m planning on likely doing an at-home test the day before the at-home proctored test. Is it necessary? No, but I’m paranoid and want to be prepared for a worst-case scenario. If I were in your situation, I would definitely test the child before going all the way to the port just in case.