EZ luggage check Fort Lauderdale

claudia814

I love this service and want to you use it when departing Fort Lauderdale on January 11th. However I’ve seen it say flight must depart after 11:30. My flight leaves at 11:21, do you think it would work for me? I don’t want to get the ball rolling and then get screwed up at the last minute. Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, claudia814 said:

I love this service and want to you use it when departing Fort Lauderdale on January 11th. However I’ve seen it say flight must depart after 11:30. My flight leaves at 11:21, do you think it would work for me? I don’t want to get the ball rolling and then get screwed up at the last minute. Thank you. 

They would not let me use it at FLL in March because I was 5 min too early.

They checked over every detail of my booking.  Make sure to take a copy of your eticket printed out.  They were stickler’s for all the detail. My flight was canceled anyway.  LOL

But, I love the EZ Check and it works beautifully from FLL.

• Thanks 1

We have been in this situation twice before.  Once they let us but said, "no guarantees" and the other it was a hard "No".  Since you don't have to decide until midway through the cruise, I would stop at guest services while onboard and see if they will make a small exception.  Don't use the mediation app chat feature.  You will get a hard "no".

• Thanks 1

@claudia814- since your flight isn't until next January, there is probably more than an 50% possibility that your departure time will change - at least based on how often schedules are changing now - so keep an eye on your reservation.  I hope your departure time changes to 11:30 or a little later!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Is there anywhere I can find more info on this?  I checked on the Princess website but there is nothing there.

Not every ship or port offers this. For a while after the restart they did not offer it.  We used it in Feb and Mar out of FLL.

What port are you using?

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not every ship or port offers this. For a while after the restart they did not offer it.  We used it in Feb and Mar out of FLL.

What port are you using?

Here’s a link gives some info.  Remember changes are always possible, but just an idea how it works.

https://www.cruisewithafriend.com/pages/princess-ez-check-service-for-luggage-6574

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What port are you using?

The title of this thread says Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Is there anywhere I can find more info on this?  I checked on the Princess website but there is nothing there.

Here’s a really good explanation:

It allows you to have Princess check your luggage with your airline through to your final destination. Your flight boarding passes and luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom the evening before disembarkation. You just place the tags and leave your bags outside the stateroom in the evening like you normally would, but you don't see them again until your plane lands. 

Usually there will be information left at your stateroom early in the cruise which explains how it works, and includes a sign up sheet. It's only available for certain airlines, and at certain ports. There are also some time restrictions; at least at Port Everglades, you can only use EZ Check if your flight is after 11:30 AM. 

If you are eligible, you fill out the sign up sheet, and take it to the passenger services desk, along with your ID. If there are others in your party, they will also need to come with you and bring their ID, since you are effectively checking in for your flight.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s a really good explanation:

It allows you to have Princess check your luggage with your airline through to your final destination. Your flight boarding passes and luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom the evening before disembarkation. You just place the tags and leave your bags outside the stateroom in the evening like you normally would, but you don't see them again until your plane lands. 

Usually there will be information left at your stateroom early in the cruise which explains how it works, and includes a sign up sheet. It's only available for certain airlines, and at certain ports. There are also some time restrictions; at least at Port Everglades, you can only use EZ Check if your flight is after 11:30 AM. 

If you are eligible, you fill out the sign up sheet, and take it to the passenger services desk, along with your ID. If there are others in your party, they will also need to come with you and bring their ID, since you are effectively checking in for your flight.

So info is only available on board ship.....