Confusion about Celebrity's COVID policy for Aaska-bound cruisers leaving from Vancouver

jeffndallas

I've read Celebrity's website info on testing. My head is spinning in circles. If anyone has RECENT (like May 2022 departures)  information for Vancouver>Seward cruisers, please respond. Thanks in advance.

1. I know we need to complete ArriveCAN information; but Canada currently has no pre-arrival COVID testing requirement for fully vaccinated travelers from USA, right?

2. Celebrity requires a negative test no more than two days prior to boarding (i.e., Wed-Fri) for a Friday departure from Vancouver, right?

3. Since we are going to leave USA early on Wednesday, we won't be able to test in USA prior to departure. I understand there are a variety of proctored self test options available, but do to unreliability of our not-so-smart phones and email service, I don't want to rely on waiting for an email confirmation of negative test results. Is there somewhere near Canada Place where we can get tested on Wednesday or Thursday and get hard copy result information to present when boarding the Millennium? Cost? Appointments needed?

4. Pretty sure that once aboard Millennium, no more testing required. Also, no testing when we begin land-tour in Seward or to board flight from Fairbanks>Seattle on way home. Correct me if I misunderstand.

1- correct

2- correct

3- don't know

4- correct

hope that helps. There is a lot of information here and on the Canada/Alaska port of call about where to get tested in Vancouver

Edited by 5waldos

Been researching the testing as well, as far as I can gather, Empower are testing at The Fairmont Hotel, next to the cruise terminal in Vancouver and they state they offer a hard copy if required.

the downside is the price seems to be 120 Canadian dollars, so if anyone knows or can recommend somewhere else, I think this is where we will have to go, coming in from the U.K. this seems like the best option for us.

appointments not required but apparently recommended.

We were on the Millenium in June for the Vancouver to Seward cruise. We are from UK. 

There is no requirement for covid tests to enter Canada provided you are fully vaccinated. We were asked for evidence of this prior to boarding our flight in London.

We had our pre-embarkation covid tests done at Canada Place for CAD89.99 www.covidtestsvancouver.ca The results were emailed to us but I’m sure you could get the hotel to print a hard copy.

No further testing required on board. Not a great deal of mask wearing on board other than in the theatre. There were quite a few shortages of wines and spirits though

We loved the refit. We had a balcony cabin and thought the layout and storage was fantastic and the bathroom was excellent too.

Have a fantastic time. We did. Or did until Covid struck at the very end of our independent land tour and we got stuck for an extra 5 days in Fairbanks which is not the greatest place to be without a car. Replacement flights to UK were extremely expensive and we had to pay for them upfront before claiming back from our insurance.

We recently did a Vancouver to Seward cruise with all of the same requirements. We too had the testing issue so we purchased eMed test kits and took them with us and did them at the hotel. As long as the hotel has wifi there should be no issues. Our tests, with results, took all of 15 minutes, we printed the negative confirmation at the hotel and had that, along with the one on our phones.  Even if you aren't reimbursed for the eMed tests through insurance, they are $25 each vs. the much higher cost of onsite testing.