Insurance requirement

Heisler123

I’ve just booked a cruise with MSC and have been told I have to buy insurance through them. That’s crazy. We have our own travel insurance that covers Covid and everything else. This is the only cruise line that I’ve had to do this with. Has anyone else encountered this? 

16 hours ago, Heisler123 said:

I’ve just booked a cruise with MSC and have been told I have to buy insurance through them. That’s crazy. We have our own travel insurance that covers Covid and everything else. This is the only cruise line that I’ve had to do this with. Has anyone else encountered this? 

Where are you sailing out of?

I am also Canadian and I sailed out of the US.  I drove myself crazy over the Covid insurance requirement.  I was told it had to specifically say it covered covid even though my policies (through work and on my travel credit card) considered covid an illness so it wasn't specifically mentioned. 
In the end I bought Manulife Covid insurance which doesn't meet all their requirements but the certificate said Covid 19 insurance.  I didn't expect they would look too much past the certificate. It was like $30. 

They didn't even ask for my certificate.  I've seen a number of other Canadians say they were never asked.  

Now, if you are sailing out of Europe, it might be different.