Sequined dress too dressy?

lula24

Hi everyone I am new to the board and have been doing some lurking. I will be going on the Carnival Miracle on March 5-12. I have bought three formal dresses. One is red, hits right below my kness, it has some silver in it. The second is black and looks like what most people wear. I will probably wear it the 2nd formal night. The problem is I am 24 and I bought a bright pink maybe fuschia dress it is form fitting and has some sequins on it. I love it but I am worried it may be too dressy. My mom and husband of course love it. But I would really love some advice from more experienced cruisers! :)

I think the gown is lovely, but I've never been a fan of necklines that plunge quite that far. The dress itself, material, shape, sequins, is great....but I'd go for something less revealing; or do something tricky with the plunge, like put in a cross stitch lacing.

Jane :)

You can also dress up to go to dinner in the Supper Club aboard. Most folks were very nicely dressed on the two nights I dined there on the Carnival Glory.

I do not think you can be too dressed up for formal nights, so enjoy wearing all of your outfits.

That is a really pretty dress, you will look so nice. Remember people dress different every nite. Some do formal everynight.

Our last cruise, there was a couple on their Honeymoon. Everynight the gentleman was in a suit, his wife was in a sequined gown. He was over 80 and she was 75. They became the darlings, very nice people.

They liked to eat at night in the buffet, and they got treated well. Then they would go dancing. Speaking with them they had known each other for years, but decided to tie the knot when they became widows. Their spouses knew each other.

In case anyone wants to see the dress the website is:www.idealclothing.net It is a dress by Niki the item # is 14905. I do not know how to make the web address where you can click on it sorry.

One trick for copying links to web addresses is to "page back" from the page you want to show and then hover over the "link" you want to copy and right click your mouse. Usually there is a "copy shortcut"...pick that, then you can "paste" it here.

Besides, if your husband loves it, you know you look good in it...if your mother loves it, you know it's not too revealing...and if you love it, then case closed, end of search.

Now the gown I'm bringing is covered top to bottom in beading, so your dress is totally tame by comparison. Enjoy it!

I'm envisioning corset-type lacing....

I personally couldn't get away with that neckline BUT I don't think it's too low, as long as you're not too huge and you don't need the support of a bra--I can't imagine most things we talked about in another thread would work with that neckline (maybe the little plastic stick-on cups--again, not so much support, but if you're smaller/younger, could be enough) I like the dress!

I mean like a criss-cross lacing to cover up a bit of that plunge. I often add things to clothes, not always to make them more modest, but maybe the design isn't quite right for me. I don't think ladies should show everything they've got...if you take my meaning. But, that's just me.

Jane :)

One trick for copying links to web addresses is to "page back" from the page you want to show and then hover over the "link" you want to copy and right click your mouse. Usually there is a "copy shortcut"...pick that, then you can "paste" it here.

Besides, if your husband loves it, you know you look good in it...if your mother loves it, you know it's not too revealing...and if you love it, then case closed, end of search.

Now the gown I'm bringing is covered top to bottom in beading, so your dress is totally tame by comparison. Enjoy it!

I totally agree. Checked the dress out too and think it's great, when and where else are you going to wear it if not for formal night on your cruise?

Go for it and enjoy!

Hopefully I will wear it on future cruises:) Other than that I do not know, I feel that some things are worth the money. My husband will be dressed nicely I figure I should too.

Sometimes it's nice to have something wonderful even if you are not going to wear it a lot. I have several formals and I like to own them. They are lovely and make packign for a cruise easy and, well it's nice just to look at them every now and then.

I do have a gorgeous Bob Mackie that still has the tags on it (purchased on sale). It is not really "me" and one of these days I need to sell the thing but I cannot quite bring myself to do it. It's also too big.

Archived