Noordam Internet

Fisherwoman

Is the speed and availability of the internet on Noordam acceptable?   I am on Discovery Princess and the internet is horrible.  I can't send anything on Outlook, PDF's won't open and forget any video.  I just had breakfast and sat beside a man who said "there is no library, I can't buy a book and I can't download a book".  He was beyond frustrated and is asking for his internet money back.  We are planning on a Vancouver to Sydney cruise for 29 days and won't be going Princess.  Is Holland America any better?

In my experience, it varies all over the place, but we have always been able to use email, surf the web, and download books. Last cruise (Alaska), my wife was streaming the news throughout the cruise with very little problem. Sitting in port in Whittier, the download speed tested at over 5 Mbps but sometimes at sea it was down to a few hundred kbps. In no case was it anything like home broadband.

It was ok when we were on it May.  Much better than Regent.  That said, on a 17 day cruise it was completely out for 2 days.  Since everything is done with the app, it was an inconvenience.

4 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

In my experience, it varies all over the place, but we have always been able to use email, surf the web, and download books. Last cruise (Alaska), my wife was streaming the news throughout the cruise with very little problem. Sitting in port in Whittier, the download speed tested at over 5 Mbps but sometimes at sea it was down to a few hundred kbps. In no case was it anything like home broadband.

That's much better than Princess.  Last time we tested it was 0.7!   It never got any faster and I couldn't handle a long cruise when it never gets over 1!