Need help - Silversea Air Arrangement Question

AndieSF

19 hours ago, Georgiagirl1204 said:

One hour and five minutes to get to your connecting flight? Did I read that correctly? That seems impossible no matter what airport you land in. Good luck in having it changed. 

Yup... It was 1h10 in Tokyo and 1h07m in Seattle.

IMG_20220725_100319.thumb.jpg.3f90417f062a9ca9e38436e89f28b87d.jpg

IMG_20220725_100400.thumb.jpg.fb9e9b87f225a84ddf1d15a3c8e518da.jpg

@les37b  in Haneda Airport (Tokyo) you will need to go through custom checkpoints and transfer terminals.  Flight door on the other side also closes earlier to meet the actual flight time...   I think it is too risky.

We still have only a 1 hr 5 min layover in Frankfurt (coming from Lisbon)

I'm wondering what happens if you miss your connection on SS booked air.

Who rebooks you?

Does SS provide a hotel?

BTW, I've checked the flight out of Lisbon: it was 52 minutes late yesterday and over 30 minutes late the day before. 

I've asked our TA again to request SS to revisit our reservations. What kind of luck have others had? Is my only recourse to book it myself? 

Edited by hsheffield

3 hours ago, AndieSF said:

@les37b  in Haneda Airport (Tokyo) you will need to go through custom checkpoints and transfer terminals.  Flight door on the other side also closes earlier to meet the actual flight time...   I think it is too risky.

I the Seattle one is even worse.

I chased the TA a week ago but not heard back so followed up again today (twice.) I've now got a promise of a call back.

Both flights need to be changed. It's as simple as that. Though it seems to happen a fair bit. Bad enough in normal times, but in the current climate of delays and cancellations it seems crazy.

I contacted Silversea today to ask about the "Transfer" of $50pp.  Apparently, because I removed the air, they are charging me for "hotel at Punta Arenas to the airport for charter flight"--- and I must take that transportation because there is no other options.  It doesn't make any sense to me, but they refused to credit me back.    I gave up.

• Thanks 1