Drinks package upgrade confusion?

rachiem

So, I am Elite and has just tried to upgrade from classic to premium and have been told that the discount is still only 10%. 

You only get the 15% if you purchase the premium from the start.

Any ideas on this?

This is from an email I just received from Celebrity:

As a valued Elite Captain’s Club member, you can enjoy 15% savings when you purchase the Classic or Premium drink package or 15% savings when you upgrade from Classic to Premium.
Call 1-800-722-5941 to redeem your savings.

Assume the rep you spoke with hadn’t yet been properly trained.  Suggest you try again and hope that the next rep is aware of this change.  

Have spoken with two members now and they both insist it’s only 10% and 15% is for new bookings only. 
it worked out at £11 per day, so have just upgraded it at I thought that was reasonable? 

Unfortunately, the only consistent thing about talking to a Celebrity rep is the inconsistency in answers or solutions provided.

This has been my experience with Captains Club, Celebrity sales, Future Bookings on board, and Blue Chip Club.

Luckily in most instances I’ve received a positive outcome after multiple phone calls & speaking to different reps. I’m not complaining just sharing an observation based on experiences knowing this is sometimes the action needed to take on my part.

I’m thinking maybe a screen shot can be emailed to the rep while on the phone to show them the offer. 😉

Since they have the ability to email me confirmations that I look over while I have them on the phone - they must in turn have the option to view incoming emails that could verify the offer. 

😀 

2 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

Unfortunately, the only consistent thing about talking to a Celebrity rep is the inconsistency in answers or solutions provided.

This has been my experience with Captains Club, Celebrity sales, Future Bookings on board, and Blue Chip Club.

Luckily in most instances I’ve received a positive outcome after multiple phone calls & speaking to different reps. I’m not complaining just sharing an observation based on experiences knowing this is sometimes the action needed to take on my part.

I’m thinking maybe a screen shot can be emailed to the rep while on the phone to show them the offer. 😉

Since they have the ability to email me confirmations that I look over while I have them on the phone - they must in turn have the option to view incoming emails that could verify the offer. 

😀

Yes, I’ve managed to do that before with price matches. 
it just seemed a lot of hassle (call wait times) to call back a third time for the sake of £12. 
I have sent an enquiry to customer services to see what their take on it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purplsmurf said:

I was upgrading my daughter’s package last week and when I talked about buying my husband and I a package I was told it’s a 10% discount for Elite and 15% for Elite+

I’m sure the new rules should be 15% though 🤷‍♀️