Bus from Kotor to Perast

We are interested in taking the bus from Kotor to Perast. I have read that the bus stop is close to the pier and also  that to catch the bus you need to walk a short distance into town. That would be no problem but I cannot find a schedule anywhere. Anyone done this recently that could tell be if the bus does stop by the pier and a rough schedule to Perast.

Thanks

Sorry, cannot help with  timetable but can tell you where we got on and off.

Going TO Perast we walked from the ship in the left direction outside of the walls alongside the road.  Just a few minutes away you will see a small shopping centre.whose name I cannot remember, and the bus stop was just outside.Returning FROM Perast to Kotor, we wanted to enter Kotor old town through one of the gates, so did not signal we wanted to get off until we saw the walls, figuring that anywhere around there would be good for us and a bit closer than the shopping centre..  Driver stopped just about opposite the Sea Gate, and there was a smal covered market there too.  At Perast, I THINK but cannot be exact, that the timetable was on the bus stop.  There MAY also have been one on the stop outside the little Kotor shopping centre. However, I think there is only one an hour or something like that in each direction, so when you see the stop in Perast, check return  timings there or ask a local.

I apologise that this is all very vague and not ideal, but getting any info at all on timetable and bus stops was really very difficult so I do not know if it is possible to get ONTO the bus at that Sea Gate stop as much of Kotor is pedestrianised or one way.  Perhaps you could contact the local tourist info office for help? Or the bus station if you can find contact info? Or ask on the relevant forum on Tripadvisor if you get nothing on here.

On our first Kotor visit we came across the actual  bus station by chance.  We walked through the old town exploring from left to right and when we reached the exit through the walls (on the right side (as you look at the walled town with your back to the water) we walked a little further and saw it  there. It isn't really close to the dock.  I think the shopping centre is closer if you can find an online map to check.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't go by bus, but we did a shortish tour with Tours by Milo and mostly we went to Perast and the little island.  We shared tour with another couple.  Price was reasonable.  So that might be something to consider.  Once back in Kotor, I walked part of the way up to the church on the hill (mountain). Also remember that when coming into and out of Kotor you'll pass the little island.   I was fascinated by it!