How much is too much to spend...

I very rarely wear heels. Would spend max $50. Now, for my wedding 5 1/2 years ago, I spent $180 and never wore them again:rolleyes: And for shoes I wear every day, for work, I'll spend $80-100 if I need to for the comfort and long lasting quality I get from some of my shoes.

For trendy or for "special" colors, etc., no more than $30, preferably closer to $15-20 (this is where Target and DSW come in handy:p )

I am not a shoe person. I used to be, but somewhere along the way I outgrew it.

For me,being a man, my DW has a couple pairs of really sexy shoes. I don't know what she paid for them but if they make you look really good I think $100.00 would be top $. Just so long as they're not for just one evening, they have to have a future use too. Remember the right pair of shoes will add to you stature and make your legs look really good, and if hubby like the way you look,,, well that's your business not mine.;)

on a great pair of sexy heels ladies? I just want to know what is the max you would be willing to pay... having a dispute with my husband.:D

I generally won't buy shoes that are only good for one dress or one night and the few times I have, they've been on a very serious markdown.

A great pair of sexy heels should be comfortable. Cheap, poorly made shoes never are for me. I pay up to $300. for an evening shoe, but can often find a great pair on sale for about $170-$225 if I shop well. They last for years and always look and feel wonderful. I'm never the one to be complaining "my feet hurt" at the end of the evening.

Jane

I must know more about DSW! Sounds like my kind of store. :D

I can't go there very often for fear of spending way too much on shoes (so easy to justify!), but they have sale racks at the back of the store, with a bunch of shoes, marked way down. Here's the website for store locations http://www.dswshoe.com/

I don't even look at their regular price shoes. I just head straight for the back of the store!

I got a pair of silver heels (only pair they had!) in my size for less than 10 bucks. Considering how little I'll wear them and how much money I have to spend, it's an awesome deal. I'm sure there are probably more comfortable dress shoes out there but with a pair of good heel inserts, I was good to go. The shoes were more comfortable than my dress!

My mother bought me my 1st pair of "grown-up" formal heels when I was 17. I'm well past that age these days :rolleyes: She paid $300.00 for them -- red silk with 3 1/4" rhinestone heels. I have taken excellent care of them over the years & still wear them. They are gorgeous; so the answer is -- it depends.

Family members routinely spend $400-$600 on a single pair of designer shoes. I am more of a DSW & sale girl, myself. I do own a pair of boots that I spent $600 on because I looked for over a year before I found just the right ones that I liked & were comfortable.

Unless you are "made of money" the more trendy the shoe, the lower the price should be. For staples that you'll wear forever, your pocketbook is the limit.

I cannot tell you how many pair of cheap ($45-75) dress shoes I have purchased and worn once over the years. I've now resigned myself to the fact that I need a pair that are comfortable, well made and will go with a number of outfits.

My last purchase was a pair of gold w/rhinestones, Stuart Weitzmans, at a cost of around $275. I think it will actually save me $ in the long run, I'll probably wear them at least 10 times or more, bringing the cost down to $27.50 each wearing. When we chose our formal portrait last week, I based my choice on the best view of my new shoes! I've already worn them twice, with at least 2-4 more wearings planned throughout this year alone.

I have bad feet so I have to wear shoes that have quite a bit of support... therefore, they're usually pricey. I have a couple pairs that I paid $10 for but I have many pairs that I spent over $300 on. They're worth it for me because I can wear them for more than an hour and still be able to walk (which I often find impossible with cheap shoes). So... for me, the max I'd be willing to pay would probably be about $500... unless I REALLY liked them... :D

I have bad feet so I have to wear shoes that have quite a bit of support... therefore, they're usually pricey. I have a couple pairs that I paid $10 for but I have many pairs that I spent over $300 on. They're worth it for me because I can wear them for more than an hour and still be able to walk (which I often find impossible with cheap shoes). So... for me, the max I'd be willing to pay would probably be about $500... unless I REALLY liked them... :D

I have bad diabetic feet myself so must spend the money on shoes. Therefore I never buy trendy shoes but classics. a couple of times I went "trendy" and cheap and boy did I pay the price.

I think this is the mistake many make for formal night and the reason why they must change after dinner and go dressed down for the shows-they bought some cheapo but sexy strappy heels that have a 2 hour max limit on wear-so after dinner they must dress down for "comfort" as they say.

I have two really nice pair of dress heels that are comfortable-I have worn them over and over-so I am tired of them-but they still look great and what is much more important they FEEL GREAT. this means I stay dressed the whole evening on formal night.

To the OP-if you plan to cruise alot-I say go for it and spend the money-you will wear those shoes again and again.

Hi,

I dont wear heals. But I would spend upwards of $500, I have spent $600 on shoes, but not for a one time wear. Those are shoes I can wear a lot more than once.

If I have to buy evening flats, I pay the same price as for day shoes because I would keep them and wear them again and I would pay whatever the price was for the shoe I loved and was happy with and fit well, looked nice and most importantly was comfortable.

I generally buy shoes that are not trendy and keep them for years. My favorite pairs have been resoled, etc, any number of times as I just cannot bear to part with them. Evening styles especially stay in fashion for a long time.

My favorites are Donald Pliner, Stuart Weitzman, Bruno Magli and Cole Haan. I can often find them on sale but when I love a shoe, I am willing to pay. I cannot stand my feet to be uncomfortable and a good shoe is an investment.

The nice thing about DSW is that they sell the expensive shoes (like Stuart Weitzman) and some cheaper models (though really, not so much of the cheapie-cheap--they just have great deals on clearance items) And, if you're buying a classic style (and I really can't see why you'd spend that much money on something you WEREN'T planning to use over and over again....That's just my opinion of course) Anyway, if you're going to spend that much money (even at a discount) then it shouldn't matter if it's last year's shoe:p All this talk of DSW....I think I'll have to go check out the new season after work today--it's about 5 miles from my office:D

Archived