unlimited wifi vs. unlimited premium wifi

Tree_skier

We are newbie NCL cruisers and we are booked on Pride of America in Dec.  Our booking includes 150 minutes of wifi.  I doubt that that will be sufficient for me so I intend to upgrade.  What is the difference between the standard wifi and premium wifi.  

Edited by Tree_skier

very little practical difference.

in my experience, only about .75 Mbps to 1.5 Mbps for so-called "premium" wifi, barely suitable for email, let alone web surfing or streaming. i saw no difference at any time vs. the standard unlimited plan.

take the "free" wifi and, if traveling in hawaii, use your cell phone in port as a hotspot.

if you feel you must purchase unlimited wifi, then go for the standard service. that's my recommendation.

if choosing just the free plan, remember to sign off of NCL wifi, so minutes don't get used up when you're not actively using them.

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We are newbie NCL cruisers and we are booked on Pride of America in Dec.  Our booking includes 150 minutes of wifi.  I doubt that that will be sufficient for me so I intend to upgrade.  What is the difference between the standard wifi and premium wifi.  

On our last cruise in April (full capacity), I used the standard WiFi on my device with the 150 minutes. My husband upgraded his to the premium WiFi. My device was extremely slow and rarely loaded webpages. His device (and mine when I signed in using his info) worked well. We were able to stream YouTube with some buffering and open webpages with little problems. We also had a 45 minute WiFi called and had no issue with the call at all. I downloaded a 70 page PDF and also had no issue downloading this - it took about two minutes.

• Like 1