LIVE SBS Suite Life Review: Sky 7/11/22 & Breakaway 7/17/22

HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Also, when my DDs went to Bliss and asked for a shot, they gave doubles, no issue.

I have asked for double shots many times, under the normal package, and never had an issue.  Double JW Black on the rocks is one of my staples.  Double Grey Goose Spicy Bloody Mary (for breakfast) is another.  Once in a great while, they'll only give me a single BMary if I'm getting one for DW at the same time, but most of the time nobody cares. 

Less than three months.....  😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have asked for double shots many times, under the normal package, and never had an issue.  Double JW Black on the rocks is one of my staples.  Double Grey Goose Spicy Bloody Mary (for breakfast) is another.  Once in a great while, they'll only give me a single BMary if I'm getting one for DW at the same time, but most of the time nobody cares. 

Less than three months.....  😎

Yes, and that is what a few folks expected during our last Sky cruise, however, as my DDs reported, people with the regular package did not get that same treatment, especially with the better brands. A few passengers were complaining/asking about it. I’ll try to pay more attention to that during our next cruise. I’m wondering if things have changed with the P+ 🤔.  I sense some 🐀 snooping about to happen. 🥂🍹🍷🍾😂

Edited by HBCcruiser

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes and that is what a few folks expected during our last Sky cruise, however, as my DDs reported with the regular package they did not get that with the better brands. A few passengers were complaining/asking about it. I’ll try to pay more attention to that during our next cruise. I’m wondering if things have changed with the P+ 🤔.  I sense some 🐀 snooping about to happen. 🥂🍹🍷🍾😂

🤣🐀  If they refuse to give me a double grey goose spicy bloody mary, I'll just order a single and a grey goose neat on the side.  "Problem" solved!!!  😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

‘Twas the night before cruising and all through the resort,

Not a passenger was sleeping due to watching the port.

Their bags were all packed, by the doorway with care,

In hopes that their cruise ship soon would be there.

The cruisers were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of cruise cocktails danced in their heads. 

and with that - 

- Happy sailing to all, and to all a good night! ❤️🚢❤️

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

100% YES! Totally worth it. Why? Every lunch and dinner we could each order a bottle of higher-end wine (Veuve Clicquot champagne, Silverado Cabernet, La Crema Chardonnay…) and get the entire bottle to take back to your cabin. They label all included wines P+ so you’ll  know what you can have by the bottle, but there are some really great selections. Granted, I can’t get bottles of Dom free under the P+, but I’m VERY happy with the selections! Also, when my DDs went to Bliss and asked for a shot, they gave doubles, no issue. Others without the P+ were given a regular sized shot. Basically, you can get what you want and as as much as you want. It was awesome. I’ll see how it is on the BA, but I can bet it is the same. Well worth it IMO, especially if you are a wine lover. I’ll take pics of the wine list on the BA. That may help you. 

I could get Veuve at all restaurants and many bars. Just not the pool bars as I remember. My DDs were drinking glasses of Veuve at Bliss the last night and had as many as they wanted. Of course they were hating life during disembarkation but that is how we learn 😂

I thought with P+ you could only get full bottles of wine at dinner? Is getting a bottle also at lunch new? I may have been missing out!

1 hour ago, Coastalbreezes said:

I thought with P+ you could only get full bottles of wine at dinner? Is getting a bottle also at lunch new? I may have been missing out!

I’m not sure but on the Sky when we ate lunch in Cagneys, we did.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

It’s really odd seeing people on the beach with lightning around. There is even a guy flying a kite! 😳 In Hermosa Beach, CA they ask people to get off the beach when lightning is spotted. People have been struck while on the beach.

D33068D6-BB1E-467C-B4F2-C8996C5DDD48.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 4

Wine list for today. They have to run out to get Veuve but I was told it WILL be on the P+ list tomorrow. I’ll update you then. Glasses of Veuve ARE included now though. Also we did get bottles for lunch. 
BB27CECE-0999-4934-A85C-504FE143D56D.thumb.jpeg.50467566ce096ba7dedc815afad74625.jpeg

13B1C7D0-7281-4D89-B17C-B3D70916D592.thumb.jpeg.726b5c7c7592f3ba1172db3f7a911b1c.jpeg

04C496EC-0D3B-4C96-A578-A2709BB8A8F4.thumb.jpeg.a99f059d3ec3915e426c3ddfa86c95bf.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi. I'm going on Getaway (same class ship) in a couple weeks and I'm trying to decide on P+. I had it on Bliss in May for Alaska and I loved it because of Cellars Wine Bar. I could get a huge selection of wine/champagne by the glass any time of day. Is there a comparable bar on the BA class ships? I know the other bars had wines lists, but they didn't seem to be anywhere near as extensive at Cellars or the dining venues. Thanks for any help you can offer!

12 minutes ago, PharGirl79 said:

Hi. I'm going on Getaway (same class ship) in a couple weeks and I'm trying to decide on P+. I had it on Bliss in May for Alaska and I loved it because of Cellars Wine Bar. I could get a huge selection of wine/champagne by the glass any time of day. Is there a comparable bar on the BA class ships? I know the other bars had wines lists, but they didn't seem to be anywhere near as extensive at Cellars or the dining venues. Thanks for any help you can offer!

I’ll check. Might not be today though. 

• Thanks 1