LIVE SBS Suite Life Review: Sky 7/11/22 & Breakaway 7/17/22

HBCcruiser

Haha I remembered one other notable I should share. For those of you (like me) who like to use magnetic hooks and door decorations, the Haven walls and doors are NOT magnetic. I so enjoy making the staff laugh at my door magnets! Oh well. 

F8BB0E53-8E05-4652-861D-1EE08F81ED6D.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/13/2022 at 7:35 PM, HBCcruiser said:

There is literally NO internet on the ship or the island so be prepared!! NCL needs to get onboard with getting decent WiFi. At least RCI has great internet on Coco Cay. For what we pay for the best package it’s a total rip off! I’ve had issues this entire cruise. 

Hi, so I will be going on Norwegian Sky this next week. Did you buy the regular wifi or premium wifi? I have a work meeting I need to attend and need to be on Zoom. I really hope the wifi can handle it.... Is there any other options I can look into for wifi? Was the wifi okay when the ship was at dock on GSC because thats the day I need it.

Edited by ProfessorThiccems

6 minutes ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

Hi, so I will be going on Norwegian Sky this next week. Did you buy the regular wifi or premium wifi? I have a work meeting I need to attend and need to be on Zoom. I really hope the wifi can handle it.... Is there any other options I can look into for wifi? Was the wifi okay when the ship was at dock on GSC because thats the day I need it.

We had the premium WiFi and it was still poor. My DDs had to do Zoom meetings and even in GSC it was poor. There is NO WiFi on the island. My hotspot worked though. I brought a GlocalMe hot spot using international WiFi and that seemed to work great when we were in the ports.

Your best bet is to get the premium and go to the Library where the signal is strongest. That worked best during sea days. Talk to the Internet cafe person and tell him your needs. IMO NCL needs to go with Starlink like Royal Caribbean is doing! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We had the premium WiFi and it was still poor. My DDs had to do Zoom meetings and even in GSC it was poor. There is NO WiFi on the island. My hotspot worked though. I brought a GlocalMe hot spot using international WiFi and that seemed to work great when we were in the ports.

Your best bet is to get the premium and go to the Library where the signal is strongest. That worked best during sea days. Talk to the Internet cafe person and tell him your needs. IMO NCL needs to go with Starlink like Royal Caribbean is doing! 

AW dam.... Does glocalme work for zoom? I actually messaged their live chat earlier adn they were like naw you need the emergency hotspot. LMAO but ok do they have like a little quiet room? Did u ever run speed test with premium wifi? Did your DDs disconnect ever on Zoom meetings? Dam Im stressing right now trying to find some hotspot or possible wifi alternatives... When you say poor wifi does it mean like slow or just sht in general?

13 minutes ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

AW dam.... Does glocalme work for zoom? I actually messaged their live chat earlier adn they were like naw you need the emergency hotspot. LMAO but ok do they have like a little quiet room? Did u ever run speed test with premium wifi? Did your DDs disconnect ever on Zoom meetings? Dam Im stressing right now trying to find some hotspot or possible wifi alternatives... When you say poor wifi does it mean like slow or just sht in general?

My one daughter could Zoom from the Library with no video on when the WiFi worked. It would go on and off randomly. I never did a speed test. My other daughter had to use a VPN and 2 devices (which we bought). The ship internet was still bad in port. The problem with the GSC and the Bahamas in general is that they are not set up for 5G only 3G. It was super slow. Sea days were best for the girls if they went to the library. My GlocalMe (5G) worked on GSC. Not 5G but it worked. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

20 minutes ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

Does glocalme work for zoom?

Yes. Only when in port though. Never at sea. It’s not designed for that. Both daughters connected best to ship WiFi (when it was working) and could Zoom fine while at sea. They both worked from the library. The ship WiFi went down a few times for an hour or so. Sucks I know. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

25 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes. Only when in port though. Never at sea. It’s not designed for that. Both daughters connected best to ship WiFi (when it was working) and could Zoom fine while at sea. They both worked from the library. The ship WiFi went down a few times for an hour or so. Sucks I know. 

oh so the premium ship wifi at the library is still better than glocalme? Were u able to use glocalme for zoom tho? Also I need to video chat too sadly.....

29 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Did the wifi go down because of bad weather? heavy traffic? I just need to be in this meeting for like an hour. Does web surfing ever not work? I need to like open up files and stuff during the meeting.

41 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

My one daughter could Zoom from the Library with no video on when the WiFi worked. It would go on and off randomly. I never did a speed test. My other daughter had to use a VPN and 2 devices (which we bought). The ship internet was still bad in port. The problem with the GSC and the Bahamas in general is that they are not set up for 5G only 3G. It was super slow. Sea days were best for the girls if they went to the library. My GlocalMe (5G) worked on GSC. Not 5G but it worked. 

Could you send me the specific rental or product you bought from glocalme there are just so many? 🙂 Thank you very much.

7 hours ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

Could you send me the specific rental or product you bought from glocalme there are just so many? 🙂 Thank you very much.

This is the one I bought. Again, it worked well when we were in PORT with the international package. It does not work at sea. Also, not all countries are included so check before you buy. I don’t know how well it will work on the ship while in GSC because we were on land in a Villa. Very private. My daughters were able to do the work they needed to do while we were there. 

I am not sure why the internet went down but it did so several times for about an hour or so. Luckily the girls did not need to be online at those times. Cruise companies need to realize that having decent internet is important for some travelers. It will be interesting to see how RCCL does with Starlink. Could be a game changer. 

Happy cruising! 

63E2F8AF-C83C-43FC-BB22-21357D14361C.jpeg

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

This is the one I bought. Again, it worked well when we were in PORT with the international package. It does not work at sea. Also, not all countries are included so check before you buy. I don’t know how well it will work on the ship while in GSC because we were on land in a Villa. Very private. My daughters were able to do the work they needed to do while we were there. 

I am not sure why the internet went down but it did so several times for about an hour or so. Luckily the girls did not need to be online at those times. Cruise companies need to realize that having decent internet is important for some travelers. It will be interesting to see how RCCL does with Starlink. Could be a game changer. 

Happy cruising! 

aw man thanks

On 8/3/2022 at 5:24 AM, HBCcruiser said:

Happy cruising! 

Hey, sorry for bothering you again. I was wondering how was the premium wifi if you werent at the library? Like in your rooms. Was it possible to run video on zoom?

5 minutes ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

Hey, sorry for bothering you again. I was wondering how was the premium wifi if you werent at the library? Like in your rooms. Was it possible to run video on zoom?

We had a suite in the front of the ship and could NOT run video/Zoom. That is why my DD's went to thee Library and Conference rooms. The WiFi is better in the center of the ship, at least that is what the guy at the Internet Cafe told us. 

17 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We had a suite in the front of the ship and could NOT run video/Zoom. That is why my DD's went to thee Library and Conference rooms. The WiFi is better in the center of the ship, at least that is what the guy at the Internet Cafe told us. 

Oh do you have to book the conference rooms? If so how could I do that or would I just have to do it on the ship? Is it just a private room?

28 minutes ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

Oh do you have to book the conference rooms? If so how could I do that or would I just have to do it on the ship? Is it just a private room?

They just went in there if it was empty. The Library worked fine most of the time though. 

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

They just went in there if it was empty. The Library worked fine most of the time though. 

Oh alright thank you. Definitely need a conference room for a few hours. Do you know if it can be of private use? Like closed off?

3 minutes ago, ProfessorThiccems said:

Oh alright thank you. Definitely need a conference room for a few hours. Do you know if it can be of private use? Like closed off?

You'll have to ask Guest Services. 

• Like 1