Beach question for Sunniebgi

em_in_murphy

Sunniebgi, I know you highly recommend Accra beach; however, our group have some very small children between the ages of 1-5 and I am looking for a beautiful yet calm beach so they can enjoy the water without us having to worry about the "rough" waves. And we would like a beach that doesn't have a drastic drop off. Can you recommend any other beach? Thanks in advance.

I still recommend Accra Beach. There is an area to the left side, down by Sugar Reef, which is alittle more sheltered and the wave action isn't so great. When the water is calm at Accra the water and the setting is great for children. Rough water is view and far between at Accra.

There are also several areas around Carlisle Bay that may also be good, but would likely not have the same facilities that you would get at Accra. You can also try the boatyard as well. The beach is flat and for the most part it's a gentle slope into the water as well.

Thank you Sunnie. Does Accra have a gentle slope also? I hear so many good things about it and really want to go there if I can. I was just worried about all the toddlers we have with us. And do I still need to worry about taxis and them not wanting to take us there? I read this somewhere else and that gave me concerns as well.

for the most part it does have a gentle slope.. there can be rocks.. but there are still mostly patches of sand as you go out. If the tide is high I would recommend going down to the far left by the Sugar Reef.

I was there today with my almost 4 year old who usually wears a backboard type thing in the water. it was shallow enough will some little "poolies" that he played in the water without it. (I was with him, but would have felt just fine had I not been in the water... and today is was kind of windy and the water rougher and with a little pull to it than normal.. but it was still great.).

Archived